Sleep Train Mattress Centers

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

It took about 2-3 weeks to receive a phone call for an interview. When you come in they have you do a quick questioner before your interview. Interview was pretty basic nothing that was really surprising at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

3 Step Interview Process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Several step interview process to make sure I was a qualified applicant. It showed me the company cares about who they are hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical interview questions, nothing random or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in March 2014.

Initial communication was a phone interview, which went well.

Was invited to a 1 on 1 interview, 60 miles away for a retail store in my city, it went well also.

Then was invited to another 3rd interview with an area manager, again 60 miles away, it seemed to go well, but no offer of a job, but was told they would be calling.

I never received a job offer, but I was emailed a one line response that I was not the one chosen, rather insulting considering the time and effort that went into this process.

I do consider myself fortunate, this company seems to have a very difficult time with turnover, fresh job postings every month,

so thank you Sleep Train for not hiring me, it was your loss, not mine.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, rather unimaginative and amateurish   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

they prefer no experiance so they can retrain you there way. dont go in stuck up thinking you can sell even if you can. go in humble willing to learn,

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to commute. (you could be put in a store as far as 50 miles of your home or maybe further)   Answer Question
    none, its 12 an hr or comission

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Once I applied online for the position, I was called a few weeks later. A phone interview was conducted, then I was invited for a second interview at the training center for the district. I was asked a few questions, then I was called a few days later and told that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you sell me this pencil or pen?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in August 2013.

Was asked in to a pretty standard interview set up. I was given a pre-test asking me to rank various attributes by their importance to me. Some basic math questions and short written answers.

Interview Questions
    • List 3 qualities I would like in a manager.   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in October 2012.

First you sit down with either the Store Leader, or the Hiring District Managers. Easy open interview, then you are either offered the job or moved to second interview.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in June 2012.

1 Phone Interview, 2 in Person Interviews

Interview Questions
    • "Why should you buy a pencil over a pen? Sell the pencil to me" (Testing your sales skills)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in January 2012.

Painless over the phone interview followed by an interview with a District Sales Manager on-site. A few weeks later they call you in for a final interview and let you know if they want to hire. Don't feel special if you get hired. They hire everyone.

Interview Questions
    There was none. Simple yes or no.