Sleep Train Mattress Centers

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Intern Interview

San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview, 2 in Person Interviews

Interview Question – "Why should you buy a pencil over a pen? Sell the pencil to me" (Testing your sales skills)   Answer Question

San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview Details – 3 Step Interview Process

Interview Question – Very Standard   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was asked in to a pretty standard interview set up. I was given a pre-test asking me to rank various attributes by their importance to me. Some basic math questions and short written answers.

Interview Question – List 3 qualities I would like in a manager.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

San Leandro, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview Details – Several step interview process to make sure I was a qualified applicant. It showed me the company cares about who they are hiring.

Interview Question – Pretty typical interview questions, nothing random or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview Details – they prefer no experiance so they can retrain you there way. dont go in stuck up thinking you can sell even if you can. go in humble willing to learn,

Interview Question – are you willing to commute. (you could be put in a store as far as 50 miles of your home or maybe further)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, its 12 an hr or comission

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview Details – Once I applied online for the position, I was called a few weeks later. A phone interview was conducted, then I was invited for a second interview at the training center for the district. I was asked a few questions, then I was called a few days later and told that I got the position.

Interview Question – "How would you sell me this pencil or pen?"   View Answer

San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in February 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview, with two 1 on 1o interviews.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in February 2010.

Interview Details – Great

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in January 2009.

Interview Details – This was pretty simple. Had a friend refer me, sent him my resume, and got a call very quickly. I had to drive half way across CA to get an interview though since the job was for Sacramento but I needed to meet the trainer somewhere in the Bay. They asked me very standard questions and I told them my expectations. I am fairly certain that the interview matters quite a bit to your initial store placement. I was very direct about my aspirations to get into management during the interview and despite being a class full of very talented sales people I got the best store. Turned out for the best though since I was the best sales person. They're watching you pretty closely and I have to admit I was impressed by the way they placed all of us. Those that were put in the best stores all ended up in management in short order.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You start with an hourly salary and get trained. There is no negotiation.

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Situational questions: "what would you do..." or "describe how you handled..."
Also, you may be asked to sell a pencil, paper clip, or some desk object to the interviewer so be prepared.

Interview Question – Sell these paper clips to me. Why should I use these instead of a stapler?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sleep Train Mattress Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Sleep Train Mattress Centers Videos

Sleep Train Mattress Centers – Why Work for Us?

About Sleep Train Founded in 1985 by Dale Carlsen, Sleep Train is an employee owned company and is the West Coast’s number one mattress retailer and number four nationwide. Shortly after graduating from California… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sleep Train Mattress Centers interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sleep Train Mattress Centers employees and interview candidates.