Sleepy's

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.5

L&D Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sleepy's.

The HR rep was very cooperative and available during the interview process but at the end of the second interview, she said she would contact me quickly and I never heard from her again. Three weeks later I got a canned email saying I wasn't selected. I find it very disrespectful and rude to not to call someone to tell them they have not been selected for a position. Especially after investing over 6 hours of my time.

Sales Person Interview

I was told by the manager of a store that they were looking for people. After the initial interview I was told that my experience (4yrs.) in mattress sales was more than enough to qualify me. Afterwards, I recieved a call 2 months later saying the only thing that they could hire me for was sales assistant. Not sure what happened.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sleepy's in July 2014.

Skills testing, Background questions, What is expected on the job, Training criteria, Benefits offered, Explanation of next steps to the interview process. Interviewer was very courteous, upbeat and expressed a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how the job searching process is going since I left my last position.   Answer Question

Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sleepy's in September 2013.

Recruited and interview process were very simple. Aptitude and attitude were key abilities RM was looking for.

No negotitiation.

Sleepy's Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sleepy's in September 2013.

I have submitted my resume online. A brief conversation with the Stephanie over the phone. After that. I had to visit Sleepy's in Elmhurst. The inverview was not that hard but I had some questions. I even asked them why there are a lot turnovers at Sleepy's. The person who was working in the showroom did not have a college degree. I was very skeptical and did not want to work 60+ hours a week with $120 draw commission. How much It would make $10 per hour and they take it back if you dont make any sales? Also the Steve the RM manager said, people who left Sleepy's they OWE money to Sleepy's if they dont make enough money. That what I have heard. After what I have heard I did not do well with the interview.

Sleepys Mattress Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sleepy's in July 2013.

Received an email of interest from them, Applied then got a call for an interview. When at the interview it was very lack luster they pretty much explained to me that i will be there 19 hr shifts during those 10 hours (on a good day) maybe 2-3 customers would come in so in order to keep myself busy they said i would be doing other things such as vacuuming the showroom to keep myself busy. Left the interview dissatisfied with the way everything went down

Interview Questions
    • What was some of the bad things you heard about the company during your research for the interview?   View Answer

Sleepys Mattress Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleepy's.

Phone call from recruiter, phone interview, in person interview

Mattress Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleepy's in April 2013.

very nice but short process, they main want to see if you are personable & can follow the corporate sales process.

they offer 125 daily draw against commission no salary negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sleepy's.

I was asked on the interview if I felt Adolf Hitler was a good manager. The answer they were looking for was...unbelievably...yes. I must have got it righ....t they hired me....now I know why they asked it.

Matress Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleepy's in March 2013.

I met with the recruiting manager for the company and he said he handled most, if not, all of the recruiting for them. Pleasant enough and sounded pretty much as I expected. I am not finished with the interview process but so far, so good. It is not a 'glamorous' product and I have never worked in a show room as a sales pro. After I finish the interview process completely I will write another review for the benefit of other readers.

Interview Questions
    • I really did not experience any really 'difficult' questions, but I suppose the most challenging one would have been: How do you think you will handle working in a show room since you have never done that before? Answer: I've done a number of sales jobs that were totally new to me but I always managed to identify the top producers in their organization and emulate their best practices and that has served me well for many years. I simply would find a way to make my time productive by calling potential clients while on duty so as to keep myself productive while there. Otherwise, I can't see myself sitting around and waiting for the wall paper to come off the walls!   Answer Question