Slide Inc

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slide Inc in April 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very excited about talking with me. The people I interviewed with, not so much. Perhaps it was just the department I interviewed for, but they all shared this "I know all about everything" attitude. One of the interview questions I'd get asked repeatedly was suggestions on how to improve their product, to which I would provide some...and their responses were very negative and defensive. "oh, you may think that way, but most people don't. They wouldn't like that." Not welcoming at all.

But, the culture is very laid back. My friend took me around the building, and it's like a typical start-up environment.

Interview Question – What do these statistics tell you? (Explanation about # monthly users, # daily users)   Answer Question

Product Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slide Inc in April 2011.

Interview Details – Their recruiter contacted me via email. After answering some questions over email, the recruiter got back to me saying she wanted to schedule a phone screen interview. Had a phone screen interview with someone who is considered a peer. He was a project manager which i thought was odd but as long as you can come up with an idea to to make their game better and explain it, you should get through. I thought I would be chatting with the hiring manager but that wasn't the case.

If you pass that, after a couple of days, I got contacted by the recruiter again to set up a 4 hour block for onsite interviews. I met with 5 total. Two of the interviews were brainstorming sessions. One asked to design a weight loss app. Another asked to come up with four trending topics and give two examples of products for each topic that are the best examples and why. Then after that, she asked to mash up two of them and come up with a product idea.

Nothing to really prep for. You either know the space or you don't.

Interview Question – How would you design an iPhone for the blind.   Answer Question

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Slide Inc in April 2010.

Interview Details – Well, they asked me to produce some write up for their product, for free and over the weekend. I did. All I asked was some review, even if there is no interview. Because I spent several hours working on that, it would be only reasonable to get some outcome out of it. Unfortunately, nobody ever contacted me ever since.
One more point, their offer is pretty low compared to other companies.
This is a company to avoid.

Interview Question – Provide ideas for our product   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Slide Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Slide Inc Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Slide Inc employees and interview candidates.