SlimGenics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Independence, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SlimGenics in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited to attend an informational group interview. Afterwards, it concluded in a personal interview which was followed up a day later with an offer of employment and start date. I brought up the topic of compensation and quoted a number which was agreed upon. At the time, I didn't have reason to believe this was not the truth. I didn't find out that I was not on salary and that my hourly pay was much lower than I was told it would be until after my first pay check.

Interview Question – Sometimes the hours can be long, how do you feel about this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation phase. They openly admitted that they were opening the Ohio market very quickly and had to hurry to hire the staffing it would require. There were several strings of interviews and training sessions lined up so that the office was a revolving door of applicants. We all started the sales training together, knowing that only some of us would be managers and other wouldn't. It was not clear to anyone what we were getting paid, for sure. After we did the 9 day training, we were sent to a center to work. A lot of people quit at this point because they were placed too far from home, 0r didn't like the pay or the hours. Some of the people ended up in centers all by themselves and still (2 months later)have not been given additional staff to assist them.

Very Easy Interview

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Weight Loss Counselor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at SlimGenics.

Interview Details – On line application. Email confirmation and appointment for interview. Interview included a flip cart presentation for the interviewees followed with an individual interview. Not overly indepth questions. Hired on the spot. Ten days paid training about the program and products. Was made to feel welcome. Good energy and enthusiasim by the interviewer. Salary expectations discussed but was not made clear that it was a retail sales position.

Interview Question – Explain your sales technique.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone is paid the same base. Commissions accounts for most of salary. Very few bonus opportunities.

Manager Or Counselor Interview

Manager Or Counselor
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SlimGenics in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice hiring manager and great small company. Showed up at a location in irvine at 7 corporate ave. #140. Clean area. Listened to a 15 minute flip chart presentation on company. Good product and weight loss system.
Talked about 7 day training for counselors at $10 per hour with responsibility to sell products to clientssigning up. Supplements are properly designed by company.
Managers make minimum wage w/ promises of 3%-5% bonus on cliics sales. Clinics are new to california but do approx $30k-75k in Colorado. Manager training is 6 weeks at $15 per hour.

Schedule is full time only mon-sat 9am-6:30-7pm.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Only the low minimum wage base.

Worked for SlimGenics? Contribute to the Community!