SlimGenics

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.2

Program Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SlimGenics in September 2014.

I was sent an email invitation to attend a hiring open house at one of the centers. It was given as an "Information Session" and I didn't expect to get an offer... just to get information. We were in a private room and I learned about the company and what they were about. I was asked interview questions and was told I would know in the evening if I was hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Just base pay.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SlimGenics in January 2014.

I first interviewed with 4 people who knew what they were doing and saw that I had the necessary skills for the job. We hit it off and it was a pretty short interview. The second interview was with the owner and the President of the company.The owner didn't know what she wanted and couldn't give me a job title for the position. I thought they expected a lot for one position for not a lot of pay. She was very different than the first group I interviewed with who were great. If I had just interviewed with them, I would have taken the job.

Interview Questions

The owner didn't know what she wanted and couldn't give me a job title for the position. I thought they expected a lot for one position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SlimGenics in January 2014.

I was invited to attend an informational group interview. Afterwards, it concluded in a personal interview which was followed up a day later with an offer of employment and start date. I brought up the topic of compensation and quoted a number which was agreed upon. At the time, I didn't have reason to believe this was not the truth. I didn't find out that I was not on salary and that my hourly pay was much lower than I was told it would be until after my first pay check.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes the hours can be long, how do you feel about this?   View Answer
    There really was no negotiation phase. They openly admitted that they were opening the Ohio market very quickly and had to hurry to hire the staffing it would require. There were several strings of interviews and training sessions lined up so that the office was a revolving door of applicants. We all started the sales training together, knowing that only some of us would be managers and other wouldn't. It was not clear to anyone what we were getting paid, for sure. After we did the 9 day training, we were sent to a center to work. A lot of people quit at this point because they were placed too far from home, 0r didn't like the pay or the hours. Some of the people ended up in centers all by themselves and still (2 months later)have not been given additional staff to assist them.

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at SlimGenics.

On line application. Email confirmation and appointment for interview. Interview included a flip cart presentation for the interviewees followed with an individual interview. Not overly indepth questions. Hired on the spot. Ten days paid training about the program and products. Was made to feel welcome. Good energy and enthusiasim by the interviewer. Salary expectations discussed but was not made clear that it was a retail sales position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Everyone is paid the same base. Commissions accounts for most of salary. Very few bonus opportunities.

Manager Or Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SlimGenics in March 2011.

Very nice hiring manager and great small company. Showed up at a location in irvine at 7 corporate ave. #140. Clean area. Listened to a 15 minute flip chart presentation on company. Good product and weight loss system.
    Talked about 7 day training for counselors at $10 per hour with responsibility to sell products to clientssigning up. Supplements are properly designed by company.
    Managers make minimum wage w/ promises of 3%-5% bonus on cliics sales. Clinics are new to california but do approx $30k-75k in Colorado. Manager training is 6 weeks at $15 per hour.

Schedule is full time only mon-sat 9am-6:30-7pm.

Interview Questions

Only the low minimum wage base.