Sling Media Interview Questions

3.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sling Media in November 2010.

pretty easy, nice location, slightly disorganized, should have met more people to get true flavor of company, didnt adequately explain benefits package, process was pretty fast and painless, didnt explain the true nature of the parent company relationship, dress code very business casual, focus is on results not time spent in office, job description could have been more detailed

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sling Media in October 2010.

Two initial phone interviews with headquarter and local HR recruiters to begin the hiring process. After passing the initial phone screening, I was interviewed by 4 other people with challenging project questions. I was interviewed 3 times directly with my current boss and finally the IT director at headquarters. Sling almost flew me in for onsite interviews but the schedule and airfare price didn't work out. Fortunately I never had to be onsite for face to face interviews.

All interviewers are true professionals and they are very knowledgeable and polite. They wanted to ensure that I was ok working for a start up and fast-paced environment. They paid the most attention to ensure I could track tasks and have experience working with complex infrastructure and streaming technologies. The HR at headquarter helped to arranged the interviews and they were flexible. It was overall a pleasant phone interview experience.

The downside was it took time a long time to make the hiring decision. I have waited nearly 3 months to hear the decision. Maybe I had to relocate from the East Coast made them worry about my job interest.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the projects that you have managed and what is the most difficult project?   View Answer
    • How do you define project plan?   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate much about salary and package. After being interviewed for 3 months, I kinda of accepted whatever they offered. It was the job that I wanted anyway, so I didn't bargain much with the senior manager and HR.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sling Media in July 2008.

It was 45 minutes for each person, 5 persons including the founders of the company.

Interview Questions

Pay was too low and the benefits not good enough.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sling Media in June 2009.

4-5 Inteviews with technical guys to senior management. All are 1:1 interview. The last interview happens with HR. Quite technical interview with lot of stress on the domain knowledge and orientation towards the technology. Since company is coming up, it looks for good employees and measure them in all perspectives according to the need

Interview Questions
    • Linux related questions and description of IPCs and their efficiency.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

2 rounds of technical interview followed by one round of HR interview. Tech round one and two consisted of a mixture of questions of C, data structures, unix, operating systems, networking and Java. each round had 5 questions and each round lasted 1 hour. One hour of lunch break in between the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It was on C. More about a combo of Mutex and threading   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sling Media in December 2013.

Consultant contacted me and arranged for a face to face interview. Had interview in Dec13. 3 rounds 1) tech 2) managerial 3) hr. Basic c / c++, linux and some puzzles were asked in the 1st round. 2nd round is a mix of technical + managerial. 3rd is just a formality.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sling Media in May 2013.

Technical , managerial , director and HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sling Media.

there was an eligibility criteria of 7cgpa/70% n above for the students to attend the placements. presentation was followed by written test. written test consisted of analytical, reasoning , electronics and C based questions. (probably for IT students there wasn't an electronics or electrical section)
    the shortlisted students from written round had to go through 2 interviews 1 tech & 1 HR..
    in tech interview, the questions asked were almost about C for me! though other students who got different panel might have faced different type of questions!
    it was followed by 1:1 HR round , which was very friendly indeed.

Interview Questions
    • they asked how did i solve few questions from the written round(in order to check my approach & also that i dint get the answers by fluke) they asked me to code something which i don't quite remember!
      HR had simple personal questions! no puzzles or anyhting.
        Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sling Media in February 2013.

Initially referred by an employee. Got a call from HR and set up an interview date.
    There were 2 person who took the interview.
    Previous work experience was asked.
    Questions related to DVB standards,CA, STB functionality
    Interview was mostly focussed on the detailed explaination of each and everything related to the past experience. Questions related to Networking.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Sling Media in September 2012.

1. got a call from Consultancy
    2. f2f interview (Prjct details and general C)
    3. got negative response

Interview Questions
    • Person taking interview was little rigid to grasp answers more than what he know. (It might be not the case with other company employees.Just my Hard luck)   Answer Question

Worked for Sling Media? Contribute to the Community!