Slomin's

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Field Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview Details – 1 interview basic questions and normal sales experience. quick process as you meet with the hiring manager directly. dont believe them about how they generate leads for you they are moving towards more self generation and the telemarketing leads are just awful don't let them tell you itherwise.

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer/Large Format Digital Printing/Creative Team Member Interview

Graphic Designer/Large Format Digital Printing/Creative Team Member
Hicksville, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's in August 2013.

Interview Details – I went on 2 interviews during my hiring process. They were very interested in what I was looking for in a company and letting me know what the core values of Slomin's are. I was working to get away from "family owned" business' due to bad experiences in the past but with Slomin's you don't have to have the last name to feel like a part of the family. It's nice to see the owner walking around saying hello with an honest interest in how I am doing.

Interview Questions

• I was very impressed with the interview process. I left with a real sense of what I wanted in a company, and knew that it was the right company for me. One question that sticks out in my mind is "What are your flaws.. or downfalls...?" something along those lines.   View Answer
  • What was it about your last position that you least liked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They accepted my salary request right away and I felt it was fair enough for me to get in the door and start working my way up!

Management Training Program Interview

Management Training Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview Details – Met Slomin's reps at a college job fair, exchanged business cards and was invited to interview for their management training program. Interviewed at their facility in Hicksville for over an hour, interview went well, HR rep was friendly in her rejection letter. It was nice how they did not have all of the online personality tests and instead took the time out to interview in person. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Question – Do you have an employment offer yet?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's in July 2010.

Interview Details – I answered an advertisement in the Newspaper. I Received a phone call to set up an interview, went on the interview and started training the following Monday

Interview Question – How would one deal with multiple personalites and cultural backgrounds?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation, the hourly rate was already established

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Fairfield, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Slomin's in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview lasted roughly a half hour and was one of the easier ones I have been on. The hiring manager let it be known when I gave an answer he didn't want to hear, and repeated a question to give another opportunity for me to answer more in depth. I felt like They don't try very hard to really find the right person for the job.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected asked   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Again, I felt like the are willing to hire anyone who comes off as half decent and I wanted more of a challenge. Also the hours and territory I would have been assigned to were less than desirable.

Telemarketer Interview

Telemarketer

I applied online and interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview Details – Interview was easy..they hire anyone

Interview Question – What is you best asset   Answer Question

East Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Slomin's in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call two days later. Interviewed by the Sales Manager and hired me on the spot based on my responses.

Interview Question – People will tend to slam doors in your face. How well do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Worked for Slomin's? Contribute to the Community!