Slomin's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Slomin's in June 2014.

Applied for an open position online though Monster. I was called by one of the recruiters and set up and appointment to come down and interview. The main office was a nice environment. Pretty laid back, nice people, and a family first type feel.
    I was brought into the recruiter's office after filling out some initial paperwork. Very nice guy with great attitude. However, the post on Monster makes it seem like you will be going on sales estimates and calls not really just pure door to door. They created this position because of laws put forward to limit the amount of cold calling they can get done in office.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked, I had already sort of ended the interview on my own after hearing cold calling and door to door. The man doing the interview could not have been nicer so I check it off the list as some quick experience/practice.
      Basically, going over your resume while asking to the point info seemed to be where the interview was heading.
        Answer Question

I was not aware that it was pure door to door work. Not setup appointments with even slightly interested customers. It does have weekly/hourly pay so if you can handle that style of sales I say go for it. The company seems to be a real cool place to work and learn.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's.

1 interview basic questions and normal sales experience. quick process as you meet with the hiring manager directly. dont believe them about how they generate leads for you they are moving towards more self generation and the telemarketing leads are just awful don't let them tell you itherwise.

Graphic Designer/Large Format Digital Printing/Creative Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's in August 2013.

I went on 2 interviews during my hiring process. They were very interested in what I was looking for in a company and letting me know what the core values of Slomin's are. I was working to get away from "family owned" business' due to bad experiences in the past but with Slomin's you don't have to have the last name to feel like a part of the family. It's nice to see the owner walking around saying hello with an honest interest in how I am doing.

Interview Questions
    • I was very impressed with the interview process. I left with a real sense of what I wanted in a company, and knew that it was the right company for me. One question that sticks out in my mind is "What are your flaws.. or downfalls...?" something along those lines.   View Answer
    • What was it about your last position that you least liked.   View Answer
    They accepted my salary request right away and I felt it was fair enough for me to get in the door and start working my way up!

Management Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Slomin's.

Met Slomin's reps at a college job fair, exchanged business cards and was invited to interview for their management training program. Interviewed at their facility in Hicksville for over an hour, interview went well, HR rep was friendly in her rejection letter. It was nice how they did not have all of the online personality tests and instead took the time out to interview in person. Overall was a good experience.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slomin's in July 2010.

I answered an advertisement in the Newspaper. I Received a phone call to set up an interview, went on the interview and started training the following Monday

Interview Questions
    • How would one deal with multiple personalites and cultural backgrounds?   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation, the hourly rate was already established

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Slomin's in April 2013.

The interview lasted roughly a half hour and was one of the easier ones I have been on. The hiring manager let it be known when I gave an answer he didn't want to hear, and repeated a question to give another opportunity for me to answer more in depth. I felt like They don't try very hard to really find the right person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected asked   Answer Question

Again, I felt like the are willing to hire anyone who comes off as half decent and I wanted more of a challenge. Also the hours and territory I would have been assigned to were less than desirable.

Telemarketer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Slomin's.

Interview was easy..they hire anyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Slomin's in July 2011.

Applied online and received a call two days later. Interviewed by the Sales Manager and hired me on the spot based on my responses.

Interview Questions
    • People will tend to slam doors in your face. How well do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Worked for Slomin's? Contribute to the Community!