Smart Meetings Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Smart Meetings in September 2013.

Interviews process was good ... consisting of three interviews with different team members and a good practice of challenging your experience to prove your value.

Typical we offer this, I want this, settle in middle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smart Meetings.

Phone screening. Psychological profile (that is easy to trick). In person interview. Husband and wife ownership try to play off each other (good cop/bad cop) but they are not very effective. They will parade you around the office and other staff looks at you like you are meat. Annoying dog will lick your shoes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smart Meetings.

Phone interview followed by two in-person interviews. Met with prospective boss as well as CEO and CFO (husband of CEO). Had to take a personality test. Asked good questions. Received some false information about work environment. CFO asks questions quickly, not giving you much time to think between. Staff not willing to share actual thoughts about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Reviewing the personality test and why you tested that way.   Answer Question
    Not very flexible on terms.

Director, Meetings & Events Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Smart Meetings in October 2012.

The interview process was typical of a director level position. Initial telephone interviews where conducted, follow-up telephone interviews, with multiple face to face interviews. I visited a live event and we spoke about outcomes and benefits of the event. We brainstormed on how I might see doing the event differently - it was a fun and engaging experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • I believe all the questions where expected and did not find any of the questions difficult in nature.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smart Meetings.

Usually a 2 or 3X interview process with the CEO and CFO. You will be grilled on how well you know their product so make sure you do your homework. you will also be asked to take a personality test, and unless you are a perfect match, you won't get the job since they use it as a litmis test instead of looking at your track record. You will also be asked if you are willing to travel 2+ weeks per month and work on weekends with no comp time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - "Take it or leave it"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Smart Meetings in July 2011.

Met with advertising manager, publisher and "CFO" (publisher's husband).

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate anything. Don't work here unless you have a tolerance for insults, demoralization, lame office with barking dogs that come to work with the publisher and CFO, long days 12-26 hours) of travelling by plane and car with little or no return, unrealistic meal expenses, and no growth or advancement potential. There is no plan in place as to what is being done to market the product, which is primarily a slick-looking monthly magazine for the meeting planning community. Advertising from hotels, convention bureaus, casinos with hotels and meeting rooms. The sales staff is back-biting and underhanded. the company plays a shell game with sales by changing budgets and goals and keeping you on the road so no goals are met and commissions stay lower than the potential you're told you can make. Run away as fast as you can from the idea of working at this sweat shop.

Event Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Smart Meetings in December 2011.

Calls and then interview where they described their company ( turns out to be complete lies!)

Interview Questions
    not much negotiation. I needed a job. I accepted it.