SmartBear Software

www.smartbear.com
  www.smartbear.com

SmartBear Software Interview Questions

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmartBear Software.

Interviewing manager was very inexperienced and had difficulty answering direct questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SmartBear Software.

Be prepared for a long interview! You'll talk to what seems like the entire department and repeat yourself a lot, but everyone is friendly and professional.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SmartBear Software in February 2013.

Two hours, with many different people coming and going. Quite fast paced and interesting, kind of like SmartBear.

Interview Questions
    • What is your super power? What color would your cape be?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SmartBear Software in December 2012.

In early December a recruiter retained by SmartBear found me on LinkedIn. He reached out and asked me to consider their Director of Operations role. While I was not job hunting at the time, I was open to hearing about the opportunity. After 6+ weeks that included 10 interviews (with the CEO, CFO, CPO, CMO, VP of Engineering, VP of Sales, and 4 General Managers in 3 countries), I was perpetually strung along and kept waiting without any clear communication or transparency into what was going on. Every time I was promised a response by a given date, that date came and went. When I'd finally check back in with the recruiter, I was consistently told that I was their top choice by far and that they were working on an offer. So I would wait some more. A deadline for them getting back to me would once again come and go with no communication and no explanation for the delay. Finally, two months after the recruiter first contacted me, I put an end to this game by telling the recruiter I was no longer interested in the company given their inability to make a simple hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would I measure the effectiveness of Marketing programs?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmartBear Software in July 2012.

the interview process was very smooth and convenient. they worked around my schedule and appreciated the fact that i did not want to discard my job at the time for an interview for a potential job. i cannot say enough about the sales leadership at SmartBear. Great team atmosphere and a common defined goal.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied online – interviewed at SmartBear Software in June 2012.

This company moves fast. Prefering networked connections, reaching out via LinkedIn is a winner here. During the interview, you'll talk to senior managers, and your peers, plus others on the marketing team in a group setting, 2-3 at a time. Lots of metrics based questions, every team member carries a quarterly MQL quota to reach in order to attain a bonus. Plenty of intern opps, plus temp-to-perm agreements so you can figure out if it is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    Simple. The HR dept @smartbear is very attuned to market stats.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at SmartBear Software in June 2011.

Had a 30min phone interview followed by an 1.5hr on-site interview in the next week. Phone interview asked questions about data structure and code-writing in google doc. The on-site interview were typical questions about Linked List. Wrote code on white board and for each question, they ask the special cases and how to test it.