SmartBear Software

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SmartBear Software.

Interview Details – Interviewing manager was very inexperienced and had difficulty answering direct questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SmartBear Software in July 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process was very smooth and convenient. they worked around my schedule and appreciated the fact that i did not want to discard my job at the time for an interview for a potential job. i cannot say enough about the sales leadership at SmartBear. Great team atmosphere and a common defined goal.

Interview Question – What can you add to the company?   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Content Manager
Beverly, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SmartBear Software in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two hours, with many different people coming and going. Quite fast paced and interesting, kind of like SmartBear.

Interview Question – What is your super power? What color would your cape be?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at SmartBear Software.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a long interview! You'll talk to what seems like the entire department and repeat yourself a lot, but everyone is friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What is your superpower?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Beverly, MA

I applied online - interviewed at SmartBear Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – This company moves fast. Prefering networked connections, reaching out via LinkedIn is a winner here. During the interview, you'll talk to senior managers, and your peers, plus others on the marketing team in a group setting, 2-3 at a time. Lots of metrics based questions, every team member carries a quarterly MQL quota to reach in order to attain a bonus. Plenty of intern opps, plus temp-to-perm agreements so you can figure out if it is a good fit for you.

Interview Question – What's your super power?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple. The HR dept @smartbear is very attuned to market stats.

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations
Beverly, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SmartBear Software in December 2012.

Interview Details – In early December a recruiter retained by SmartBear found me on LinkedIn. He reached out and asked me to consider their Director of Operations role. While I was not job hunting at the time, I was open to hearing about the opportunity. After 6+ weeks that included 10 interviews (with the CEO, CFO, CPO, CMO, VP of Engineering, VP of Sales, and 4 General Managers in 3 countries), I was perpetually strung along and kept waiting without any clear communication or transparency into what was going on. Every time I was promised a response by a given date, that date came and went. When I'd finally check back in with the recruiter, I was consistently told that I was their top choice by far and that they were working on an offer. So I would wait some more. A deadline for them getting back to me would once again come and go with no communication and no explanation for the delay. Finally, two months after the recruiter first contacted me, I put an end to this game by telling the recruiter I was no longer interested in the company given their inability to make a simple hiring decision.

Interview Question – How would I measure the effectiveness of Marketing programs?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SmartBear Software in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had a 30min phone interview followed by an 1.5hr on-site interview in the next week. Phone interview asked questions about data structure and code-writing in google doc. The on-site interview were typical questions about Linked List. Wrote code on white board and for each question, they ask the special cases and how to test it.

Interview Question – How to check if a linked list has a cycle in it.   Answer Question

Worked for SmartBear Software? Contribute to the Community!