SmartBrief Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at SmartBrief

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SmartBrief (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavior and Technical questions in JAVA, just know basic loops and some simple data structures. Overall talked to one of the employees and senior developer which was a little tense, but thats pretty much with all interviews.

Freelance Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SmartBrief.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the Content Director, followed by a timed writing test administered on a separate day. The test is performed online and is very similar to the work you would perform as a freelancer for the company. It took a couple days for the test to be reviewed and then I received a contract offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SmartBrief.

Interview

The hiring manager started with a series of questions including why I wanted to work at SmartBrief and how my experience and skills could help SmartBrief to grow. I replied with a series of well received answers that quantified my experience and what I could do to help SmartBrief. We then discussed what the average day was like in the role, the management of personnel, and growth opportunities at the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing I had to do in my previous job?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at SmartBrief in May 2014.

Interview

Well, they look at your resume and then just ask you questions about the projects you put on there, you might not get grilled for answers but you will have to discuss your knowledge and they will pick up on whether or not you know what you're talking about. Just be prepared by actually knowing how to code and think about code and you should be fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was Tech so I got what I deserved

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at SmartBrief (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially, I applied for a freelance copywriting position and took the timed test. Apparently I did well enough that I was asked whether I'd be interested in applying for a remote editor position. I was and took another timed test, which I did well enough for a phone interview with a supervising editor who oversees multiple "briefs". Then I interviewed, again on the phone, with the next supervisor, and concluded with multiple Skype interviews with other writers and editors in their home office in D.C. I was told I was one of two finalists, and they ultimately went with the other candidate, who lived in the area, but they were wonderful to me every step of the way. They shied from no question. They were effusive and generous. I was convinced they would be good people with whom to work.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult--there were some interesting speculative questions about ways to increase reach and impact that were difficult to feel confident about from the outside of the business--but the Skype interviews were tough because of the technology. There were lags that made it difficult for me and my interviewers to avoid speaking over each other and stepping on each others' questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SmartBrief (Washington, DC).

Interview

6 interviews total - 1 phone and 5 in person. In person interviews were consecutive and on same day. All interviewees polite and courteous. Typical interview process along with sales pitch test. Intimidating but overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• How many barbers are in Chicago? You are allowed to ask questions and the interviewer will answer them depending on if s/he thinks they are reasonable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SmartBrief.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was not paying attention to what i said. I felt they were not interested in me and just wanted to end the interview ASAP. It was not really professional and pleasant. I was told that I would hear from them again for the next step in a week, never heard from them. I followed up with recruiter and never got a reply. The entire recruiting process was just not professional at all.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SmartBrief (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Complicated interview and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out how many Barber shops are in Chicago?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SmartBrief (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

Writing test is an important step.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an example of something you did poorly in a previous job and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would tell them to negotiate salary because there is little room to move that needle from the inside.