SmartBrief Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
6 interviews

3.2

Web Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SmartBrief in May 2014.

Well, they look at your resume and then just ask you questions about the projects you put on there, you might not get grilled for answers but you will have to discuss your knowledge and they will pick up on whether or not you know what you're talking about.

Just be prepared by actually knowing how to code and think about code and you should be fine

I was Tech so I got what I deserved

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at SmartBrief in October 2013.

Initially, I applied for a freelance copywriting position and took the timed test. Apparently I did well enough that I was asked whether I'd be interested in applying for a remote editor position. I was and took another timed test, which I did well enough for a phone interview with a supervising editor who oversees multiple "briefs". Then I interviewed, again on the phone, with the next supervisor, and concluded with multiple Skype interviews with other writers and editors in their home office in D.C. I was told I was one of two finalists, and they ultimately went with the other candidate, who lived in the area, but they were wonderful to me every step of the way. They shied from no question. They were effusive and generous. I was convinced they would be good people with whom to work.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly difficult--there were some interesting speculative questions about ways to increase reach and impact that were difficult to feel confident about from the outside of the business--but the Skype interviews were tough because of the technology. There were lags that made it difficult for me and my interviewers to avoid speaking over each other and stepping on each others' questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SmartBrief.

6 interviews total - 1 phone and 5 in person. In person interviews were consecutive and on same day. All interviewees polite and courteous.

Typical interview process along with sales pitch test.

Intimidating but overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How many barbers are in Chicago? You are allowed to ask questions and the interviewer will answer them depending on if s/he thinks they are reasonable.   View Answer
    N/A

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SmartBrief.

Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was not paying attention to what i said. I felt they were not interested in me and just wanted to end the interview ASAP. It was not really professional and pleasant. I was told that I would hear from them again for the next step in a week, never heard from them. I followed up with recruiter and never got a reply. The entire recruiting process was just not professional at all.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SmartBrief in January 2009.

Writing test is an important step.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us an example of something you did poorly in a previous job and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    I would tell them to negotiate salary because there is little room to move that needle from the inside.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at SmartBrief in January 2010.

Complicated interview and drawn out process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you figure out how many Barber shops are in Chicago?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SmartBrief

Worked for SmartBrief? Contribute to the Community!