SmartRevenue

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.0

Field Ethnographer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SmartRevenue.

I sent in a resume online and had an interview scheduled soon after. It was basically a discussion. I feel I already had the position even before the call. I simply spoke with the HR person and she asked me about some of my experiences. It was not rigorous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SmartRevenue.

They want to know about your education and social science background. An advanced degree will get you a better and more detail oriented project.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions about your ability to talk to people. You have to be a people person for the position. Meeting people on the street or in a store is not for everyone.   Answer Question

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Over all they asked me broad open ended questions to get a feel for my genuine interest in methods   Answer Question

Practice Management Consultant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmartRevenue in September 2013.

Phone initially,Face-face with the principals

Ethnographer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SmartRevenue in April 2010.

It was a rather long phone call interview. They were pretty thorough, respectful, and asked a lot of behavioral questions. The lady on the phone was fun to speak to and never got a feeling of being judged like at regular job interviews.

Ethnographer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SmartRevenue in May 2012.

It was a fun phone interview. The hiring manager is nice and the staff is supportive.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The wage is good.

Field Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SmartRevenue in August 2010.

After applying online, the V.P. of H.R. called for a phone interview. For an hour we talked about the company and the position as well as my background and qualifications. That call went well and I was scheduled 2 days later for a phone interview with the hiring manager, the V.P. of Operations. That call also went well and lasted over 1 hr. All their interviews are on the phone because all their managers work from home offices. They said they would call me back as soon as they had a decision. The final process took many calls back and forth, but the outcome was that I was close, but didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your process for managing multiple projects?   Answer Question
    • How would you adjust your work habits to work from a home office?   Answer Question

Ethnographer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at SmartRevenue in September 2009.

The interviewing process is pretty simple as I sent my resume in and got a call from the director of ethnographic resources a couple days later. We talked about my background and my plans for a short time, but most of the conversation involved him describing the work. At the end of the conversation he asked if I was still interested in the position and that was that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. They just want to know if you're comfortable and able to interact well with their subjects.   Answer Question
    They have a set hourly fee for their ethnographers that isn't up for negotiation