SmartStream Technologies

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at SmartStream Technologies

Test Analyst, Testing, QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in October 2013.

My Interview was schedule by Akshada from DishaHR consultancy and Some guy named Ketan had taken my interview and he asked questions like:

1.Difference between primary key and unique key why one should use unique key if it allows
       only one null ?
    2.What is view ? how to create view and its advantages.
    3.Select the name of students who speaks specific languages from two tables using joins. Usage of Group by Clause.
    4.Name the student who has secured third highest marks using sub queries.
    5.Write program to sort the given numbers using any programming language.
    6.What is Test plan and it's contents?
    7.How to Mitigate the risk if your delivery would be delayed by several days?
    8.Difference between System and Functional Testing

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Testing environment setup and deployment of Java Applications - HTTP service, Web Service, App service.   Answer Question

My current Company has decided to retain me with more hike :)

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in September 2013.

I was contacted by Disha Consultant (Mahendra) in Mumbai and interview was scheduled in Smartstream Office in Andheri W Mumbai. I had visited this site for interview questions and question on SQL triggered my preparation for SQL which really helped. There were three rounds -

1. Technical Round - I was asked questions on my experience - QA Planning and Strategy, Risk and Issues management, SQL, Web Services Testing, Test Automation, Team Handling, and Client Interaction etc. Some questions are -

a) There are three fields on the UI and based on that there is another calculated filed gets populated. Depending on the value in the calculated field there is a color coding used Green, yellow and Red. How will you automate this testing?
    Ans. - I first said this is not a good candidate for automation as validating the color code will require more efforts in automation as compared to the value we achieve so we better manually test that. I went on explaining how it can be automated. My approach was to understand the algorithm - how the field is calculated and how colors are used. I took some examples - 0-1000 for green, 1001-5000 for yellow and more than 5001 for Red. Validate that the value is getting calculated correctly and read the HTML response to validate the RGB for Red, Yellow and Green

b) There were three tables given and I was asked to use joins to fetch specific information

c) Requirements are delivered 1 week late, how you will mitigate the risk. I recommended reassessing if we can still achieve the dates or Risk based testing to reprioritize the testing

d) There were questions on environment setup - HTTP service, App service, DB etc.

e) There were questions on automation frameworks - which frameworks have you worked on and how do you recommend a framework to any client - Keyword, Modular, Data driven etc.

2. 2nd round was probably with the Test lead - There were not many technical questions. However, very high level questions were asked such as given architecture (he drew an architecture indicating Browser, HTTP server, App Server, DB and Web service) and asked me how you will automate. He also asked me about automating an ecommerce website. In one of my response I said manual performance testing so he asked me how that is done and was also surprised to know that I have done manual performance testing (using stop watch) for one of my client. I was repeated asked a question why from services to product company and was tried to understand the culture difference.

3. Third round probably was some Sr. manager - he didn’t ask any technical questions. Most questions were around him trying to understand what I have done so far, what I am looking for and whether SS is my cup of tea.

Overall good experience, the interview process is not tough. I think one needs to be calm and confident to crack SS interview process.

Interview Questions
    • In my second round I was asked if logical thinking is important for a tester. I said yes and then I was given the following question -

Which of the following is most likely to be incorrect?

1. John works in a bank and john likes cricket
      2. John reads a book
      3. John likes football and john works in a bank
      4. John plays golf and john swims
      5. None of the above

View Answer

Automation Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in January 2013.

No questions were asked related to my key skill i.e; automation. Few simple database questions related to sub-query, joins etc.
    A logical task to add each digit of a 10-digit number and display the sum.
    HR round lasted for 45 minutes!!, i guess that the HR lady was killing time since no one was there to take my scheduled interview.

QA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in April 2012.

I had gone from Pune to andheri west on 10th Apr'12, after taking a day off on monday on my expenses, to attend the interview.After some wait at reception, an HR exec came to me and asked to fill one form entailing all details about me.Then came one woman from testing who took my interview for next 40 mins.
    I was asked about my front office trading application on which i'm working at. Woman listened it disinterestingly, although i kept talking. I was asked abt types of testing, v model. I'd written OMGEO in my resume, so i was asked abt that as well.Then i was asked abt some db qstn, one union query and joins.I answered it correctly.Then i was asked groupby clause and i could not answer it correctly ( as i'd forgot to refresh this).
    This finished the interview.
    After this, HR told me that "Our VP is confused abt ur profile, u may get call after two days by Wednesday"

One week has passed but this wednesday has not come.
    I felt that, unnecessarily i wasted my time.
    Office was pretty good, had strength of 70.

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in January 2012.

The interview was conducted by HR on phone followed by 3 rounds of personal Interviews. These were 1:1 with HR, Biz Head and finally with country head. The focus was on skills and past experience and fitment for the role offered. People made it very confortable and interactive and no nerviousness was felt. In fact, one of the best interviews I attanded.

Interview Questions
    • In case of delivery, how would you manage when delivery is going to be delayed? Role of QC?   View Answer

Unternehmensberater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Börde-Hakel (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Börde-Hakel (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SmartStream Technologies in August 2010.

Erstes Vorstellungsgespräch mit einem britischen Headhunter per Telefon (für eine Stelle in den VAE)
    Zweites Gespräch mit dem regionalen Manager (mit Sitz in Deutschland) per Telefon (2 Wochen später)
    Drittes Gespräch von Angesicht zu Angesicht mit dem regionalen Manager und über Webex mit dem lokalen Verkaufsleiter (aus den VAE), eine Präsentation musste vorbereitet und ihnen gezeigt werden (1 Woche später)
    Angebot wurde 1 Woche später per E-Mail geschickt.

1st interview with a british headhunter over the phone (for a position in the UAE)
    2nd interview with the regional manager (based in Germany) over the phone (2 weeks later)
    3rd interview on face to face with the regional manager and via webex with the local sales manager (from UAE), a presentation have to be prepared and shown to them (1 week later)
    Proposition sent via email 1 week later

Interview Questions
    • Sowohl technische und fachliche Fragen als auch Fragen aus der Wirtschaft
      Man muss sich nur gut auf das Gespräch vorbereiten

Technical and functional questions as well as commercial one
      Just need to prepare your interview well

Answer Question
    Zu dieser Zeit verhandelte ich nicht, aber Verhandlung sollte ein Teil des Einstellungsprozesses sein.