Smashburger Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smashburger (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process was pretty simple. I applied online through Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted by email within a couple days by a Store Manager. I interviewed with the Store Manger, District Manager, and Regional Director within a couple weeks. I was impressed with the communication level throughout the process. I am excited to be a part of the company.

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Smashburger.

Interview

Filling out the application online was the most difficult part of the Hiring process. At the end of the application there was a long and challenge test with lots of math challenges (some of which stumped me a little) that I wasn't expecting to see on an application for a burger place. The interview itself was quite easy. They just asked me about myself, asked if I thought I could do the job and then invited me in that weekend to work a few hours so that could gauge how well I would do doing the actual job.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any thing difficult but I wasn't expecting them to actually have me come in and prove myself on the job before I was even hired. I actually liked that though because the job isn't very hard and I did well despite a large workload that day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smashburger (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

I was internal employee for at least three years. Previous managers always wanted me to apply to be their assistant but at the time it didn't feel right but then I decided to try about three year into my employment. I applied and and my District Manager told me in person that we would sit down within that week. The interview was simple but since he was new District manager he didn't know me overall, he seemed to not recognize that I had trained almost all the new managers in the other stores even my store's General manager. Even with that he decided to go externally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Smashburger (Frederick, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with two people. They were funny and relaxing. I was kind of nervous at first. The place just opened up in Frederick, Md. I had not even finished the application and they called me in for a interview.I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation 9 hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smashburger (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Wasn't hard, they look for positive attitudes. They call you in ask what you like about the company and why you applied. Everything was easygoing and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Its the service industry so it was all common sense.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Smashburger in September 2014.

Interview

After I applied for a new location they were opening and went through the aptitude test, the next day I was called by the district manager to come in for an interview the next day with the general manager. The general manager and me did the interview at a Starbucks next to the place I would work at since it was still being built. For the most part it was very casual, me and the guy talked about different things throughout the interview including non interview topics a couple times.. He asked me a couple questions about my background and I explained them further. He also talked about the job requirements and said he wanted to hire people who are positive and upbeat and can get along and work with others great, the typical things any employer looks for. Just be casual in the interview. Treat the interviewer like a friend you met up with rather than your possible future boss. After the questions, he said he would call me in a few days to set up a time for me to come in and do some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• None if the questions were hard. Most were just confirming what was on the application, but he did ask me if I was still interested in the job a few times which surprised me.   1 Answer

Guest Service Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smashburger (Tempe, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later to schedule my interview. I came in and sat down with one of the assistant managers who interviewed me. Very casual, easy interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smashburger.

Interview

Applied online received a call from them interview was about 5/10 min long said they would call back but did not.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are typical what experience in the food business do you have and what did you do while working there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smashburger (Elmhurst, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy Interview I applied online and within a few weeks I got an Interview. During the meeting the manager asked basic questions and 15 minutes into the interview I got told to come back for an on the job preview to see if I wanted tow work there. Simple!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Smashburger.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a month later to schedule an interview. Interview was pretty laid back, not very many hard questions. I was asked about prior work experience and how I would handle certain situations. However, the restaurant was very busy at the time of my interview (Saturday afternoon) so I had to wait about 30 minutes for my interview to start.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were a manager and you had a rude employee?   Answer Question