Smile Train

Very Easy Interview

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Digital Marketing Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Smile Train in July 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by the office manager only one day after responding to job posting. Office manager wrote me a note saying the marketing team believed I had exactly the qualifications they were looking for. Then he asked me to come into the office for an interview. Since I live out of town, I suggested Skype. He immediately agreed and set up the time and told me who I would be interviewing with, two digital marketing managers in the organization (the entire marketing team.) Both of them FORGOT about the interview, and after waiting about a half hour I called and told them I was waiting. They insisted they went to the wrong room and couldn't figure out how to use Skype, even though the have Skype IDs in their email signatures.

During the interview, the two asked me to send all of this previous work that displayed my email marketing skills. I put all of this together only to get a nebulous email about five days later that read,

"Hi (my name) –

Thank you for meeting with us the other day and sending over the links. It was a pleasure speaking with you and learning more about your skills and background.

All the best,

(His name)

They could not give me a reason for not hiring me and didn't even give a clear decision in the email. Just left me to assume I didn't get it. This was an absolute waste of time and unprofessional.

For some reason, even though we were on Skype, they were also unaware I was an out-of-state candidate.

Interview Question – Why Smile Train? Why do you want to leave your current position? When can you start? What experience do you have with mobile?   View Answer

Worked for Smile Train? Contribute to the Community!