Smith Micro

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.5

QA Lead/Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Smith Micro.

Upon submittable of my resume, received a phone interview directly from the hiring manager. We spoke for about 15 minutes. At the end of the call, I was asked for my availability to have an in person interview. At the in-person interview, which lasted about 3 hours, the hiring manager, a PM and 2 additional staff members interviewed to discuss product lines and corporate culture.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Smith Micro in May 2012.

Be honest and straight forward. Must be an excellent communicator. Must be a great self-starter.

Simple

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Smith Micro in March 2012.

HR contacted me maybe a week after I applied. Everyone in HR was friendly as could be. I was interviewed by two people, typical "good cop, bad cop scenario", but overall it was a standard interview for a great company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smith Micro in July 2011.

Informal in-person interview. About an hour after I left, HR Representative called me and said I got the job.

If you know someone at the company and can get an interview, you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   View Answer
    Didn't need to negotiate.

Wireless and Broadband Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smith Micro in June 2011.

Very laid back, asked me technical questions related to the project at hand. Did ask me questions about resume/past experiences. Very much like other Technical Internship Interviews, except the engineer was very nice and straightforward.

There was no negotiation as I am only an intern. But didn't seem like they would have rejected a proposal. Very nice HR and staff.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smith Micro in December 2010.

Applied online. The HR person sent me an email asking several questions such as why do you want to want to work for Smith Micro, etc. Next came a phone interview with the manager then a live interview with the manager and 2 others.

It was a straight forward interview with no trick questions.

Interview Questions

The manager was unsure what the position actually was. From what I've seen from the manager and 2 team members, they didn't seem like they knew what the direction of the company was. I wanted to work at a place with the brightest people but I did not get the impression from the interviewers.

The offer was also too low.

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Smith Micro in September 2010.

Talked to three people then the CEO wanted to talk to me. Like all I talked with and this seem to be a good match for all of us.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Smith Micro in January 2010.

Phone interview consisting of C++, OOP Questions
    On site Interview with 4 people individually
    Asked C++, OOP, Design Patterns, OS threading questions and background

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smith Micro in February 2009.

The interview was done by two people and it has a mix of technology and personality questions

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was intensive and always prefer the bonus program

Software Engineer Interview

This was a three stage process. Had two technical phone interviews - one with a senior software team lead and the other one with the software development manager. The third stage was a face to face interview the software development manager. The whole process was transparant and casual with good communication all throughout.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. There were only relevant technical questions and questions about past work experience and projects worked on.   Answer Question