Smith & Nephew

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer II Interview

Quality Engineer II

Interview Details – Behavioral and Technical
The first step of the interview process typically begins with a phone call and then may include a live meeting, which can take place via in-person, video conference or Skype. A recruiter will reach out to you to guide you through the logistics of scheduling. Once the interview is complete feedback will be discussed. It will then be determined if your experience, education and skills make you the best candidate for the job.

Interview Question – I was asked about my research projects completed at the university   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interview Details – HR a bit challenged and fragmented - develop a champion

Interview Question – not really one that i can identify   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not ideal

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Associate Sales Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Smith & Nephew in February 2014.

Interview Details – This is a support role in their GYN division (basically being the rep's glorified assistant). Applied online and phone screen with contracted internal recruiter. Was your typical STAR interview that was relatively easy and seemed to have gone really well. I was told she was sending over 5 candidates to the hiring mgr & the next steps in the process were a phone interview with the hiring mgr, f2f w/ hiring mgr/meet one of their reps, & a phone conversation w/ another mgr/one of their reps. I closed and she confirmed was sending my info over to the hiring mgr and I should hear something from them early in the week. Sent thank you note and followed up late Tues after not hearing anything. She then replies back Wed morning with the following, "Thank you for checking in. The team has chosen to move forward with another candidate." No sincerely, regards, good luck with your endeavors, or anything like that. Just that message and her email signature. I replied back letting her know I was disappointed to hear this, however always looking for ways to improve, so would greatly appreciate some feedback as to why they decided to move in another direction. She replies back with, "I do not have any additional feedback. Yes that is the process should the hiring manager be interested in moving forward. The phone interview with the HM is never guaranteed." Very informal, confusing, & unprofessional! Maybe someone should take a crash course in email etiquette, communications, & ethics?!?! I myself have significant med device sales experience (including international sales mgmt & OB/GYN/Women's Health call points) and the HM can't even take 1/2 hour out of his time to speak with me on the phone for a position I'm overqualified for after the recruiter tells me we're moving forward?!?!

Interview Question – The hiring mgr may ask you to do random tasks throughout the hiring process (i.e. oh, hey can you do this for me?).   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Market Manager Interview

Associate Market Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview Details – Applied online, preliminary interview over the phone with HR. Two weeks later, came in for an in-person interview with six people (3 Directors, 1 Senior Manager, 1 Market Manager, 1 VP).

Interview Question – HR asked me to regurgitate the information I gathered for the day   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Territory Manager - Biotherapeutics Interview

Senior Territory Manager - Biotherapeutics
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Smith & Nephew in February 2013.

Interview Details – They are looking for the best of the best, if you have not attained President's Council or Top 10%, you need not apply.

Typically the Biotherapeutics division hiring process is phone screen with recruiter or Manager, F2F with Hiring Manager, 2nd F2F with Hiring Manager and possibly a Rep as well, then overnight field ride in another part of the country, lastly a panel interview with at least one Sales Director.

Interview Question – Many difficult questions in Bio division, be specific and have great examples that can be replicated with Surgeons. Be prepared for a role play that will be tough, selling products that can be thousands USD per month. Focus on territory strategy, and get Director involved if he/she is observing vs. being active in final interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The comp plan is the best in the industry, with many Rep's hitting six figure commissions and some earning six figures in just one Q4 check because it is truly incapped. You can negotiate your base, but they will ask for W2's so beware!

Trauma Sales Interview

Trauma Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Smith & Nephew in July 2013.

Interview Details – Typical, meet hiring manager 3 times (each time completing tasks in between, meet other rep, do a couple rides with rep. Do an example case in front of hiring manager and rep.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected as far as standard interview questions went. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just happy to be doing something that I find interesting.

ME I Interview

ME I

Interviewed at Smith & Nephew

Interview Details – Got a few emails, and went in for a 15 minute interview. I made it through to the next round, and was called in for 2 hours of interviews. After about a week I contacted them, and they said they had moved onto other candidates.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview Details – The interview is typically done by two levels of management and a potential peer. The candidate will be asked technical questions related to the position. HR will sometimes interview the candidate.

Interview Question – The interviews are typically structured around situational experiences. The candidate will need to demonstrate how they would react or approach solving.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You might be able to negotiate a sign-on bonus and additional weeks of vacation. They allowed telecommuting for some, but when I left, they mostly stopped allowing remote work.

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Group Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview Details – Apply online then will be called for a telephone or direct interview by hiring manager, HR and other peer groups mostly director or above level. 2 rounds of interviews is common

Interview Question – Tell me the most difficult situation you had in your current job and how did you handle it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiable as the salary is pre determined by the level and your previous salary

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Medical Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview Details – The manager I interviewed with made it a long and drawn out process. I'm talking months and months of no communication after in-person interview so you are left wondering where you are in the hiring process. I felt like I was caught between contacting/emailing him too much (and being a nuisance) or not enough.

Interview Question – The online test was total BS but not unexpected. Just answer the questions as if you are the most outgoing person in the world and will talk to anyone in any situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After a long wait from interview to hiring, I finally accepted without any negotiation.

Worked for Smith & Nephew? Contribute to the Community!