Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

1.7

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

Quick and efficient wondering mostly about availability to work and if I was ok with doing grunt work. Ask if I had own transportation and how many hours a week I could work

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

First thing you do is go through a online questionnaire. One to two interviews. The first interview is with just the hiring manager. the second is with the hiring manner and the department manager. Back ground check, drug test are required. The offer is by phone call.

Interview Questions

• They vary every time. Mostly open ended behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is based on your previous experience

Nutriton Manager Interview

Interview

I had to interviews as long as your outgoing and friendly you will get the job

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty simple they just want to get to know you   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Bozeman, MT) in August 2013.

Interview

My interview felt like a foregone conclusion. I secured the position before I left the interview. Very easy interview and a great produce manager.

Interview Questions

• Did not really have a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smith's wage are set on a schedule that allows for raises starting every 1000 hrs. The base pay is what it is and there is not much room for negotiation.

Assistant Store Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted one day after applying, they stayed in constant contact throughout the process, and very professional upper level management team. Had a phone interview right away and from there went on to the face to face interview with the head of HR, the Recruiter, and the VP.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was name a time you had to deliver a unpopular decision, what was your actions, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they had a set wage.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in May 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews when I was first hired. The first one is with the HR Manager and the Department Manager, basically asking the dreaded "describe yourself" questions. The second interview was just with the HR guy and it was the drug test, background check, and a tour of the store. It's like any other interview.

Interview Questions

• "How do you work well with people?" The managers knew I haven't had work experience so I mentally turned the question to "How would you normally treat people that are strangers?" It was fairly easy.   1 Answer

Fuel Center Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2012.

Interview

The way I was hired I was sort of just thrown in I never had an initial interview and started when all my paperwork was cleared. If you have prior experience with Smith's or grocery in general it helps a lot and if you are able to communicate effectively with management and colleagues then you're set!

Interview Questions

• My interview was really not formal at all and I wouldn't call it an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Kalispell, MT) in September 2010.

Interview

Getting hired in this company is just like getting hired at any grocery store. Come in dressed as if you want the store director to think you want a job. Speak clearly, and promote yourself and your skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They paid me as much as they were allowed to for the position I was hired for. I was clear about my experience, and expectations, and they were as well.

Non Foods Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2010.

Interview

Easy interview. Applied in person and received offer to interview. Interviewed to take lessor position but graciuosly offered a higher position due to my skill set. I ended up with a higher paying job that was a union position but i didnt have to join union as a part time employee. I ended up getting better benefits such as greater pay on Sundays and holidays.

Negotiation

Good offer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2010.

Interview

Straightforward and not so stressful. You meet the HR manager and go over the position. Might have to fill out a few papers about drug testing and background check. Then the department manager meets up and goes over the work expectations and walks the department to explain the daily tasks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depends on experience