Smith's Food & Drug

Relevance Date Difficulty

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Bozeman, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in August 2013.

Interview Details – My interview felt like a foregone conclusion. I secured the position before I left the interview. Very easy interview and a great produce manager.

Interview Question – Did not really have a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smith's wage are set on a schedule that allows for raises starting every 1000 hrs. The base pay is what it is and there is not much room for negotiation.

Nutriton Manager Interview

Interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug

Interview Details – I had to interviews as long as your outgoing and friendly you will get the job

Interview Question – The questions are pretty simple they just want to get to know you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fuel Center Attendant Interview

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in June 2012.

Interview Details – The way I was hired I was sort of just thrown in I never had an initial interview and started when all my paperwork was cleared. If you have prior experience with Smith's or grocery in general it helps a lot and if you are able to communicate effectively with management and colleagues then you're set!

Interview Question – My interview was really not formal at all and I wouldn't call it an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Kalispell, MT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in September 2010.

Interview Details – Getting hired in this company is just like getting hired at any grocery store. Come in dressed as if you want the store director to think you want a job. Speak clearly, and promote yourself and your skills.

Interview Question – Full time, or part time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They paid me as much as they were allowed to for the position I was hired for. I was clear about my experience, and expectations, and they were as well.

Assistant Store Director Interview

Assistant Store Director
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted one day after applying, they stayed in constant contact throughout the process, and very professional upper level management team. Had a phone interview right away and from there went on to the face to face interview with the head of HR, the Recruiter, and the VP.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was name a time you had to deliver a unpopular decision, what was your actions, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they had a set wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Smith's Food & Drug? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smith's Food & Drug interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Smith's Food & Drug employees and interview candidates.