Smith's Food & Drug

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Produce Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview Details – First thing you do is go through a online questionnaire. One to two interviews. The first interview is with just the hiring manager. the second is with the hiring manner and the department manager. Back ground check, drug test are required. The offer is by phone call.

Interview Question – They vary every time. Mostly open ended behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is based on your previous experience

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were two interviews when I was first hired. The first one is with the HR Manager and the Department Manager, basically asking the dreaded "describe yourself" questions. The second interview was just with the HR guy and it was the drug test, background check, and a tour of the store. It's like any other interview.

Interview Question – "How do you work well with people?" The managers knew I haven't had work experience so I mentally turned the question to "How would you normally treat people that are strangers?" It was fairly easy.   View Answer

Bozeman, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in August 2013.

Interview Details – My interview felt like a foregone conclusion. I secured the position before I left the interview. Very easy interview and a great produce manager.

Interview Question – Did not really have a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smith's wage are set on a schedule that allows for raises starting every 1000 hrs. The base pay is what it is and there is not much room for negotiation.

Nutriton Manager Interview

Nutriton Manager

Interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug

Interview Details – I had to interviews as long as your outgoing and friendly you will get the job

Interview Question – The questions are pretty simple they just want to get to know you   Answer Question

Fuel Center Attendant Interview

Fuel Center Attendant
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in June 2012.

Interview Details – The way I was hired I was sort of just thrown in I never had an initial interview and started when all my paperwork was cleared. If you have prior experience with Smith's or grocery in general it helps a lot and if you are able to communicate effectively with management and colleagues then you're set!

Interview Question – My interview was really not formal at all and I wouldn't call it an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Kalispell, MT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in September 2010.

Interview Details – Getting hired in this company is just like getting hired at any grocery store. Come in dressed as if you want the store director to think you want a job. Speak clearly, and promote yourself and your skills.

Interview Question – Full time, or part time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They paid me as much as they were allowed to for the position I was hired for. I was clear about my experience, and expectations, and they were as well.

Assistant Store Director Interview

Assistant Store Director
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted one day after applying, they stayed in constant contact throughout the process, and very professional upper level management team. Had a phone interview right away and from there went on to the face to face interview with the head of HR, the Recruiter, and the VP.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was name a time you had to deliver a unpopular decision, what was your actions, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they had a set wage.

Worked for Smith's Food & Drug? Contribute to the Community!