Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Courtesy Booth Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I think it was about three weeks before I received a call from the main office HR. I had a brief telephone interview. I met with the local HR rep at the store. Brief interview. I was called about a week later for a second interview. End of second interview I was offered a good part time position. HR rep was very positive and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior retail experience. Would you prefer front end or back? Are you available on the weekends?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Interview

Applied online and went to talk to the HR boss and talked to the dept head i was applying for so i could make a positive impression on both of them. Also looked for the store manager

Interview Questions

• do you value customer service? Have a sense of urgency?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After filling out the application, I walked to my closest Smith's Food & Drug and asked for Human Resources. After a few minutes talking with him, I was asked to speak with the Store Director. He said he wanted to hire me, I filled out necessary paperwork and started withing a week.

Interview Questions

• If a customer I was dealing with got upset because of the customer service they experienced, how would I handle it? Break down in steps.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Henderson, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

brief and easy and very straight forward, and also they talked about what they do there and then they give you the jobs and set you up for your training.

Interview Questions

• what is one thing for the customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

It took about 25 minutes after I arrived to actually meet the person conducting my interview, but they were very nice. No questions were too hard. Took my lack of previous experience into account. Some of the questions were kind of odd, and they explained that they had a new system for hiring people.

Interview Questions

• Describe someone who is a very take-charge person. Is it ever okay to accept opinion over fact?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

Quick and efficient wondering mostly about availability to work and if I was ok with doing grunt work. Ask if I had own transportation and how many hours a week I could work

I Applied for Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bountiful, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Bountiful, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

barely any questions or information about what you'll be asked to do. it was buuuuulll. and honestly I wish I had never gotten a job there. Gave me a job I wasn't even qualified for.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

First thing you do is go through a online questionnaire. One to two interviews. The first interview is with just the hiring manager. the second is with the hiring manner and the department manager. Back ground check, drug test are required. The offer is by phone call.

Interview Questions

• They vary every time. Mostly open ended behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is based on your previous experience

Nutriton Manager Interview

Interview

I had to interviews as long as your outgoing and friendly you will get the job

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty simple they just want to get to know you   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Bozeman, MT) in August 2013.

Interview

My interview felt like a foregone conclusion. I secured the position before I left the interview. Very easy interview and a great produce manager.

Interview Questions

• Did not really have a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smith's wage are set on a schedule that allows for raises starting every 1000 hrs. The base pay is what it is and there is not much room for negotiation.