SmithBucklin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Interview

You submit an application online. Then you receive a phone call asking to schedule a phone interview after that you have a phone interview. If it goes well you will receive a phone class asking you to come in person for a meeting. You must fill out some online assessment and a write detail essays that they assign to you by the meeting. After that they notified you 2- 4 weeks later by email letting you know if you receive the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake that you made in a job and why?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

Applied through my college website and received an email within 1 day to interview. Had a friendly phone interview with a new recruiter. Standard questions and relatively short interview. She was very good at explaining what the company did, though seemed off put by my own research of the company.

Part-Time Client & Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by two interviews with the department and HR. I overheard two of interviewers discussing my resume as I was stepping off of the elevator.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later got a call to schedule a phone interview. About a week later a had a phone interview with a different HR person. A few days after that I was asked to come in for a 3 person interview lasting an hour and a half. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week and never did. I emailed the HR woman I had been communicating with and she told me I would hear by the next week. Still heard nothing. Finally heard back that I would not be moving on 3 weeks after my in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• All normal questions. Basically asking you about your background.   1 Answer

Senior Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

My interview experience with SmithBucklin was amazing. The HR team was very efficient and informative. I felt that I received feedback quickly, even if it meant that things were taking longer that usual. I got a great understanding of how the company works and where my role would fit in. I had an initial phone interview and then had two in-person interviews with an assessment in between. HR provided good general insight and the actual interview team was very good at answering all my questions. I was excited to get an offer and have really enjoyed my time at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a decision you made at work that wasn't popular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call regarding phone interview. I assumed i did well which is why i was invited for a in-person interview. I prepared myself to the max. I had two people interview me. The first person was extremely nice and did not ask many questions; however, the second person was not smiling much. Then, he started shooting questions at me which he had on a piece of paper (lol)..

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral; however, be prepared for anything.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why smithbuckin. Go through my resume. Behavioral questions. Long term, short term goal. Salary requirement.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

The woman who conducted my phone interview was unprepared and did not have an understanding of the role I was interviewing for. She could not answer basic questions about the division or the responsibilities of the manager. She asked me to walk through my resume (I told her about my current work for a healthcare organization) and then she proceeded to ask if I had any healthcare experience. When I repeated what I had just told her, she mentioned that she doesn't have my resume and asked if I could send it to her. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Did not anticipate that the HR representative couldn't answer basic questions about SmithBucklin.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin in September 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly easy and what I expected. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, and they put me in touch with the person doing the hiring for the open position. They were extremely nice and helpful throughout the process. The only thing that I found annoying was the inconsistency in the people I was talking to. By the time I was scheduled for an in-person interview, I had already gone through 3 people, just to set the thing up. But, the interview was fine. I met with 3 different people during the first interview and one new person during the last. The questions were pretty standard and there wasn't anything that tripped me up. Overall the process was painless and I was happy to get an offer, even if I didn't accept (family commitments that come first).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where there was miscommunication on your end and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

It wasn't the right time to leave my current position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SmithBucklin in August 2014.

Interview

I had been emailed by a recruiter for a phone interview, which was the first step in the process. During my phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and asked all of the standard questions (i.e.: walk me through your resume, why do you want to change positions, ect.). After our phone interview, I was told that I would go in for a skills test, as well as interview with three managers, and that I would receive confirmation of the date by the end of the week. I never received a confirmation. Word to the wise: Even if they say that they are bringing you in for a second interview, you may not hear back.