SmithBucklin

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin in November 2014.

Applied online and about a month later got a call to schedule a phone interview. About a week later a had a phone interview with a different HR person. A few days after that I was asked to come in for a 3 person interview lasting an hour and a half. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week and never did. I emailed the HR woman I had been communicating with and she told me I would hear by the next week. Still heard nothing. Finally heard back that I would not be moving on 3 weeks after my in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All normal questions. Basically asking you about your background.   View Answer

Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin.

My interview experience with SmithBucklin was amazing. The HR team was very efficient and informative. I felt that I received feedback quickly, even if it meant that things were taking longer that usual. I got a great understanding of how the company works and where my role would fit in. I had an initial phone interview and then had two in-person interviews with an assessment in between. HR provided good general insight and the actual interview team was very good at answering all my questions. I was excited to get an offer and have really enjoyed my time at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a decision you made at work that wasn't popular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Membership Administrative Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SmithBucklin.

I applied online and received a phone call regarding phone interview. I assumed i did well which is why i was invited for a in-person interview. I prepared myself to the max. I had two people interview me. The first person was extremely nice and did not ask many questions; however, the second person was not smiling much. Then, he started shooting questions at me which he had on a piece of paper (lol)..

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral; however, be prepared for anything.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SmithBucklin.

The woman who conducted my phone interview was unprepared and did not have an understanding of the role I was interviewing for. She could not answer basic questions about the division or the responsibilities of the manager. She asked me to walk through my resume (I told her about my current work for a healthcare organization) and then she proceeded to ask if I had any healthcare experience. When I repeated what I had just told her, she mentioned that she doesn't have my resume and asked if I could send it to her. Not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Did not anticipate that the HR representative couldn't answer basic questions about SmithBucklin.   View Answer

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin in September 2014.

The process was fairly easy and what I expected. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, and they put me in touch with the person doing the hiring for the open position. They were extremely nice and helpful throughout the process. The only thing that I found annoying was the inconsistency in the people I was talking to. By the time I was scheduled for an in-person interview, I had already gone through 3 people, just to set the thing up. But, the interview was fine. I met with 3 different people during the first interview and one new person during the last. The questions were pretty standard and there wasn't anything that tripped me up. Overall the process was painless and I was happy to get an offer, even if I didn't accept (family commitments that come first).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where there was miscommunication on your end and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

It wasn't the right time to leave my current position.

Association Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SmithBucklin.

I was originally connected to SmithBucklin through my professional network and applied through a referral from a current employee in April/May. After a few weeks of following up with HR, I was asked to interview for a twofold position in the Healthcare unit. The process took place throughout the month of June--my phone interview with an HR representative was scheduled a few days after my initial call; about a week later, I was called to come in for a face-to-face interview. I ended up making it to the final round of interviews (did not have to come in for a second face-to-face interview since I was from out of town) and was asked to take a personality assessment, but about a week or so later, I was respectfully informed via phone call that the hiring team went into a different direction. The HR representative encouraged me to keep in touch with the company, and about two weeks later, I received another call and was asked to come in and interview for a similar position in the Healthcare unit--I was referred for this position by the hiring team that had originally interviewed me. We scheduled the interview for the following Monday, and I received an offer (with a competitive salary and benefits package for an entry-level position) the following Thursday. Overall, the process was seamless, and I appreciated how the HR representative maintained consistent communication and kept me in the loop when things took longer than expected--I'm very excited to be starting my career with SmithBucklin, come September.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current coworkers describe you and your work ethic/style, etc.? This question allowed me to introspect and identify my strengths and weaknesses from a different perspective.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SmithBucklin in August 2014.

I had been emailed by a recruiter for a phone interview, which was the first step in the process. During my phone interview, the recruiter was very nice and asked all of the standard questions (i.e.: walk me through your resume, why do you want to change positions, ect.). After our phone interview, I was told that I would go in for a skills test, as well as interview with three managers, and that I would receive confirmation of the date by the end of the week. I never received a confirmation. Word to the wise: Even if they say that they are bringing you in for a second interview, you may not hear back.

Virtual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin in June 2014.

I applied through an employee. A few days later an HR rep called and we set up a phone interview. The phone interview was three days later and fairly simple. We went through my resume and I explained my experience, nothing really surprising or out of the ordinary. I got a call a week later from the same employee I had spoken to for the phone interview to schedule an in-person interview. I set the interview up for the following week. I was also asked to fill out an application online which took about 45 minutes. Came in for the interview and an employee brought me to a small room. I was interviewed by three people separately but none of the questions were really unexpected. They asked for pretty standard information about my past experience and how I work. When all was said and done, I was there for about 90 minutes. I got a call about a week later saying that I didn't get the job. Overall, the process was pretty painless and everybody I met with was very nice.

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SmithBucklin in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter 3 months after I had submitted my resume online. i had a phone interview a week after initial contact. Basic questions about my background and information about the position. 5 days later I got a call asking to come in for an in person interview. The interview was with an HR manager, and two separate upper management association managers. Each interview was 30 minutes, I had great responses from all three interviewers. I was asked questions about traveling, my work history, my interest in the healthcare field. The interview process became repetitive after the first interview. After emailing the original HR recruiter and one of the interviewers I received a generic email letting me know that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress? What is your biggest weakness? What do you want from this job?   Answer Question

Membership Administration Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at SmithBucklin in April 2014.

The entire process took a ridiculous 7 weeks, of mostly me being proactive and consistently sending follow up emails about the position. First there was a phone interview where HR just went over my resume and asked for details about it. I went in for 2 in person interviews where I interviewed with 8 different people. All different association managers, where they just asked about my experience and why I want this position. Basic interview questions. Each time, I had to send a follow up email to HR in order for the process to move forward, otherwise I don't think it would have. Finally, HR contacted me 3 weeks after my last interview and said she should have an answer for me soon, apologizing that it was such a dragged out process. That answer came 2 weeks later as a no, but since I had applied to other positions on the website, she said she'll forward my resume over to another hiring manager, for which I didn't care much about. All in all, HR seemed very unorganized. At one point, one HR person told that someone will contact me soon regarding an interview, and the day before, another HR person contacted me and had set up an interview for later that week.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths and weaknesses? One interviewer was exceptionally awesome and he asked me more though provoking questions about myself like if I could do anything tomorrow without having to worry about job security, what would I choose to do? I think he was just more creative, whereas everyone else didn't care too much about interviewing.   Answer Question