SmithBucklin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.9

Client Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position with them and was contacted by a friendly person in the HR department about a week later to set up an interview. The person who interviewed me wasn't very friendly and spent most of the interview talking about the company. Once I realized that she wasn't asking beneficial interview questions I started volunteering information about myself that was relevant to the position. I didn't get selected to move forward in the hiring process and probably won't seek employment with the company again because of is disinterest of the interviewer. That may not be important to some people but company culture is important to me and this interaction was off putting.

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC).

Interview

I sent in my application and a week or two later was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen. I then did two in person interviews. After the first one, I had to take an online personality test. All of the interviewers were very nice. I didn't end up getting the offer but overall it was a good experience. They asked lots of questions about multitasking, handling multiple projects, and customer service. It sounds like working there can be very busy and high stress so be prepared to prove that you can handle that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to manage multiple competing deadlines. What did you do?   Answer Question

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a initial phone interview with recruiter at Chicago office. I came in for first interview at DC office and met with two people as a potential hire either client each of these individuals managed. I came back for a second interview and met with five people. Two from the original interview, someone from HR, and two people that support each client. From initial phone contact from recruiter to receiving phone call that they decided to go with another candidate it took 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with managing committees. Give an example of entrepreneurial drive.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviews were pretty standard. Met with several different people who were able to offer insight into the position and company. Very friendly people, and they all seemed to love their job. I get the impression that it is a great place to work, and that management truly cares about you. They didn't throw me any curveballs, and we're very quick and getting back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

You submit an application online. Then you receive a phone call asking to schedule a phone interview after that you have a phone interview. If it goes well you will receive a phone class asking you to come in person for a meeting. You must fill out some online assessment and a write detail essays that they assign to you by the meeting. After that they notified you 2- 4 weeks later by email letting you know if you receive the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake that you made in a job and why?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

Applied through my college website and received an email within 1 day to interview. Had a friendly phone interview with a new recruiter. Standard questions and relatively short interview. She was very good at explaining what the company did, though seemed off put by my own research of the company.

Part-Time Client & Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by two interviews with the department and HR. I overheard two of interviewers discussing my resume as I was stepping off of the elevator.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later got a call to schedule a phone interview. About a week later a had a phone interview with a different HR person. A few days after that I was asked to come in for a 3 person interview lasting an hour and a half. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week and never did. I emailed the HR woman I had been communicating with and she told me I would hear by the next week. Still heard nothing. Finally heard back that I would not be moving on 3 weeks after my in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• All normal questions. Basically asking you about your background.   1 Answer

Senior Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

My interview experience with SmithBucklin was amazing. The HR team was very efficient and informative. I felt that I received feedback quickly, even if it meant that things were taking longer that usual. I got a great understanding of how the company works and where my role would fit in. I had an initial phone interview and then had two in-person interviews with an assessment in between. HR provided good general insight and the actual interview team was very good at answering all my questions. I was excited to get an offer and have really enjoyed my time at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a decision you made at work that wasn't popular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmithBucklin.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call regarding phone interview. I assumed i did well which is why i was invited for a in-person interview. I prepared myself to the max. I had two people interview me. The first person was extremely nice and did not ask many questions; however, the second person was not smiling much. Then, he started shooting questions at me which he had on a piece of paper (lol)..

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral; however, be prepared for anything.   1 Answer