Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SmithBucklin
- Senior Associate (3)
- Marketing Coordinator (3)
- Manager (3)
- Marketing (2)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Membership Associate (1)
- Meeting Manager (1)
- Accounts Receivable Associate (1)
- Technology Associate (1)
- Senior Coordinator (1)
- Event Coordinator (1)
- Registration Specialist (1)
- Editor (1)
- Operations Manager (1)
- Communications Associate (1)
- Marketing Associate (1)
- Applications Support Specialist (1)
- Membership/Education (1)
- Operations Assistant Administration (1)
- Marketing and Communications Associate (1)
- Manager, Convention & Trade Show Services (1)
- Meetings and Events Manager (1)
- Member Administration Assistant (1)
- Associate- ELS/Senior Coordinator- Association (1)
- Association Associate (1)
- Volunteer & Project Coordinator (1)
- Membership Administration Associate (1)
- Virtual Associate (1)
- Membership Administrative Associate (1)
- Staff Accountant (1)
2 people found this helpful
Meetings and Events Manager Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at SmithBucklin in February 2012.
This was a very unpleasant experience. I found the e-mail of a senior staff member and sent them a resume and cover letter. She forwarded it to the hiring manager who was obviously annoyed that I had circumvented the normal channels. It was obvious that she resented being circumvented and it was obvious to me that there was no chance of actually getting a face-to-face interview much less being hired.
The hiring manager told me that I did not have the basic skill set despite over twenty years of experience in production, meetings, conventions, and events.
A quick scan of the current meetings and events managers shows that almost all of them have less than 3 years of experience and are extremely young. Many, just a few years out of college. As many of the reviews on Glassdoor state, the staff is very young.
Overall, I would suggest that if you have the experience and skills, look somewhere else.