Smithfield Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.2

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smithfield Foods (Kinston, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

I did a first interview at a hiring conference with one person who use to be a mechanic and if he liked you then he would recommend an interview with the maintenance superintendent.

Interview Questions

• If a machine is down how would you trouble shoot it to find out what is wrong?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tar Heel, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smithfield Foods (Tar Heel, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Over all the interview process was good. The interview went pretty easy. Meet with different managers did a tour meet the HR department. Put me in a department to where another sup visor trains you but they really don't train you they expect you to learn on your own.

Productin Supervisor Interview

Application

interviewed at Smithfield Foods in January 2013.

Interview

Met hiring manager for initial interview. At this interview was asked basic questions and situational questions.Received call back and met with hiring manager and HR. Was asked if I reliable transportation and could I show proof of insurance

QX -Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smithfield Foods (Kinston, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Hello how are you are our company is expanding hee! hee! lots of pork we plan to make pork sausage over 3 million pounds in a year what is your experience fixing our equipment

Interview Questions

• what incentives you offer benefits   1 Answer
    • What type of structure does you company offer   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tar Heel, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Smithfield Foods (Tar Heel, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Took a tour of the facility and went over job description. No interview questions were asked.

Negotiation

Just took what was offered.

Cut Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Smithfield, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Acted like she didnt want to interview me. She didnt call me back for a month and asked me like this....do you still want a job with us its up to you. Very unprofessional. I took it as she was racist towards Caucasians. When I went in for the second part of the orientation she was very cold and rude. That should have red-flaged me to run out the door screaming.

Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayson, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smithfield Foods (Grayson, KY) in June 2010.

Interview

You go online to fill out a application, then they will call you in for your first interview, then they call you back for a walk through and drug test and physical.

Interview Questions

• You got to be willing to work 6 to 7 days during our pick season.   1 Answer

Anything Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Smithfield Foods in January 2010.

Interview

The Interviews were easy we had an orientation for about three days to get you prepared for the job everyone was nice they dont play games its a job and they hire us to get the job done. When u go in pay attention you will need all the help and advise.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever worked in production before.   1 Answer
    • How long do I plan on working for Smithfield.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just went in with an open mind I took whatever they would give me the economy is to bad to try and negotiate about a job.