Smiths Detection

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

Product Specialist Interview

Lots of technical questions, customer service and problem solving

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Smiths Detection in August 2010.

Contacted by recruiting agency. Process took about 1 month. 1 phone interview and 2 in person. It wasn't a very difficult process. Everyone was very nice. HR had to check on the answer to a lot of questions with the corporate headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • If a component piece of software is not properly invoked on a certain server, what could be the problem?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. Offer made with no wiggle room.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Smiths Detection in January 2009.

use a recruiter

Interview Questions
    used a recruiter - they made a take it or leave it offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Smiths Detection.

I have gotten a phone call from Cadre recruitment company about a position. Skype interview with Cadre agent. Next day a phone interview with Jeff manager of the software. I got invitation for in person interview. Smiths did not pay for the visit. I came the whole way from Montreal. I went to Smiths and Jeff came with another engineer who looked like he never saw my CV before. He looked through the CV for a few minutes then said: "Oh, you have experience with CAN2 bus?!" I said that i had and explain what kind of experience I had. He mentioned: That's great! I have no more questions! Jeff said that he already asked all the questions on the phone. The whole process took about 10 minutes. For this I came the whole way from Montreal. What the heck?

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Smiths Detection in August 2009.

Standard interview with manager and technical person

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions and a lot about my experience, past work etc.   Answer Question