Smiths Detection Interview Questions

2.6

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Lots of technical questions, customer service and problem solving

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Middletown, RI) in August 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency. Process took about 1 month. 1 phone interview and 2 in person. It wasn't a very difficult process. Everyone was very nice. HR had to check on the answer to a lot of questions with the corporate headquarters.

Interview Questions

• If a component piece of software is not properly invoked on a certain server, what could be the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Offer made with no wiggle room.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Alcoa, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

use a recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

used a recruiter - they made a take it or leave it offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I have gotten a phone call from Cadre recruitment company about a position. Skype interview with Cadre agent. Next day a phone interview with Jeff manager of the software. I got invitation for in person interview. Smiths did not pay for the visit. I came the whole way from Montreal. I went to Smiths and Jeff came with another engineer who looked like he never saw my CV before. He looked through the CV for a few minutes then said: "Oh, you have experience with CAN2 bus?!" I said that i had and explain what kind of experience I had. He mentioned: That's great! I have no more questions! Jeff said that he already asked all the questions on the phone. The whole process took about 10 minutes. For this I came the whole way from Montreal. What the heck?

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Detection in August 2009.

Interview

Standard interview with manager and technical person

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and a lot about my experience, past work etc.   Answer Question