Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Smiths Medical ASD
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist (1)
- Finance Business Partner (1)
- Accounts Executive Supervisor (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Product Specialist (1)
- QC (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceNo OfferNegative Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Smiths Medical ASD (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.
I was contacted by an internal recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. Went through five phone interviews, recruiter was very excited. Then heard nothing for three weeks until I finally contacted the department manger, after which I got a very awkward rejection call from the recruiter. A few months later a different internal recruiter contacted me, then e-mailed me that they weren't interested before I even talked to her (huh?!). So, twice THEY contacted ME only to jerk me around. I told them not to ever contact me again. Job sounded interesting, but company is obviously dysfunctional, so I probably dodged a bullet.
- Standard basic questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Smiths Medical ASD (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2010.
Phone interview and then two on site panel interviews
- Where do you want to be in five years. Answer Question
Tried but no luck
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Smiths Medical ASD (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2010.
I started interviewing for a different job. During a walk through, I was spotted by a former co-worker who was hiring for a different position. After not being selected for the original position, I was interviewed twice for the second position: once with the hiring manager and potential co-workers and once with hiring manager's boss, Director of Operations, and Director of Reg Affairs. Whole process took several weeks.
- Manager sketched out an op amp circuit (knowing I was an EE) and asked me to spot anything wrong with it. 1 Answer