1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Smithsonian (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Extensive interview process requiring four separate interviews with different people and entire team. Had to demonstrate skills live in front of entire team. Originally, they had lost my information and I had to re-send it. Entire process (from sending the resume, to them losing it, to going on four interviews, to offer) took about six weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral in nature - tell us about a time when you......   1 Answer
  • At all four interviewers, people wanted to know what I wanted to work for the Smithsonian.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not a lot of room to negotiate, but push as hard as you can. It's very, very hard to advance at the Smithsonian and very difficult to even make a lateral move. Your job, upon entry, is the job you're expected to do for your entire tenure there, so think carefully about what you're agreeing to do at what grade and salary.