Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

I applied online, then was emailed for a "meet and greet" (mini interview?) with the manager. It lasted for like 15 minutes. It was quite short, I believe they look more for availability than anything (which is why I didn't get the job) My advice is to really stretch your availability.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Had to take a torturous 1 hour exam (which included high school algebra and geometry), in order to submit my application. After about two weeks, I scheduled an interview with the service manager. Many of the interview questions were related to the restauraunt and hospitality industry, but were pretty straight forward. Questions included possible scenarios (for example, what would you do if a guest was not satisfied with their meal),

Interview Questions
    • The online exam contained an array of mathematical questions (which I, as senior had trouble with).   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in October 2013.

The interview process starts with a brief conversation with the Manager on Duty. This is then followed by a personality profile test that is not a pass or fail test, just something to see what kind of person you are and how honest you really are or can be. The next process is about a 10-15 minute wait which can seem like an eternity when you're looking for a job and just waiting for a potential employer to just say you're hired and you start ???... Finally after all that depending upon what position you're applying for, or the restaurants' needs at present hand, you could be hired on the spot, if you passed the test I should say. This is put through the computer for grading I forgot to add, that's why you had to wait the 10-15 minutes, or you could be put off for another interview with another department head, or the General Manager. The questions are all pretty basic and once you've answered one, you've answered them all. You're now a master at the interview process. Good luck in the future and I hope all goes well with this really unpredictable, unstable company, with really pricey overrated food.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions to speak of because I wasn't asked too many myself in my experience, at least in my interview with the company. But that was when they were with a great "Holding" company by the name of Darden restaurants LLC.   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in September 2012.

There were several levels of interviews beginning with HR manager, then two GM within the region, then the Director of the region and then finally with the President and CEO. Once the offer was received and accepted then a 6 week training class at a out of state training store.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions during my interview process.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in May 2012.

Interview process consisted of online application, personality test ,phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the district manager. I was told I interviewed great and was highly qualified for the position but they decided to hire from within the company. Would have been nice if they would have done that first instead of having me jump through hoops for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was an example where you implemented a change at a job and how did you achieve that change   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in August 2010.

started off slow, management took sweet time to see me and the place was dead.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in March 2010.

Interviews come first from the DO or GM from the region you are looking to be in and/or they want you to be. Second interview comes from the home office by the development team. The final interview is from the CEO himself, and it is very casual at that point. The last two interviews were done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult and the interview was pretty standard. This concept does look for candidates they feel can have fun in a late night bar atmosphere, since this is the direction of the company.   Answer Question
    An offer letter is sent and you can refuse or accept. This concept needs managers badly, so you will have the upper hand in the negotiation process.

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in February 2010.

First you have to take a ridiculous test with all kinds of irrelevant questions for a food server. Then the manager never came back until 45 minutes after I was done with the test. This made me run late for another appointment. I came back for a second interview and the head bartender interviewed me. She was insulting, rude and told me how much I did not want to work there and how irresponsible the staff was and how I would have to pick up the slack from them.

Interview Questions

After the second interview, I did not want the job

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in February 2010.

Easy layed back company.