Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple, I was called in for an interview a day or two after filling out the application for the next day. I went in a button up and dress pants armed with more resumes just in case. It was a brief interview, very casual, he asked my experience and why I thought I would fit in at Smokey bones. At the end of the interview he asked me to come in later that night to follow around a server to see if I would fit in. I went in that night and followed her around as she did he work and just made light conversation with her. She gave me the menu's to study while I followed her, at the end of the follow around I spoke to the manager again who simply told me to call him on Monday afternoon. On that Sunday before the Monday he called me offering me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Peachtree City, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I was sent an email containing my interview time. I had two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. They let you know upfront about their high expectations. I was offered the job and accepted. The overall vibe was pretty uptight. Way to serious to be a BBQ restaurant , just not for me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company? What would you do if you see another employee slacking on the work duties?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

The ask you a bunch of corporate questions you have to answer on the spot. Most questions are simple though if you know anything about food safety and the industry. I had never been a server before and they hired me because their turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you would do in a food safety situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just get minimum wage pay for a server.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill in September 2012.

Interview

There were several levels of interviews beginning with HR manager, then two GM within the region, then the Director of the region and then finally with the President and CEO. Once the offer was received and accepted then a 6 week training class at a out of state training store.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during my interview process.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, then was emailed for a "meet and greet" (mini interview?) with the manager. It lasted for like 15 minutes. It was quite short, I believe they look more for availability than anything (which is why I didn't get the job) My advice is to really stretch your availability.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill.

Interview

Had to take a torturous 1 hour exam (which included high school algebra and geometry), in order to submit my application. After about two weeks, I scheduled an interview with the service manager. Many of the interview questions were related to the restauraunt and hospitality industry, but were pretty straight forward. Questions included possible scenarios (for example, what would you do if a guest was not satisfied with their meal),

Interview Questions

• The online exam contained an array of mathematical questions (which I, as senior had trouble with).   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews come first from the DO or GM from the region you are looking to be in and/or they want you to be. Second interview comes from the home office by the development team. The final interview is from the CEO himself, and it is very casual at that point. The last two interviews were done over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult and the interview was pretty standard. This concept does look for candidates they feel can have fun in a late night bar atmosphere, since this is the direction of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer letter is sent and you can refuse or accept. This concept needs managers badly, so you will have the upper hand in the negotiation process.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process starts with a brief conversation with the Manager on Duty. This is then followed by a personality profile test that is not a pass or fail test, just something to see what kind of person you are and how honest you really are or can be. The next process is about a 10-15 minute wait which can seem like an eternity when you're looking for a job and just waiting for a potential employer to just say you're hired and you start ???... Finally after all that depending upon what position you're applying for, or the restaurants' needs at present hand, you could be hired on the spot, if you passed the test I should say. This is put through the computer for grading I forgot to add, that's why you had to wait the 10-15 minutes, or you could be put off for another interview with another department head, or the General Manager. The questions are all pretty basic and once you've answered one, you've answered them all. You're now a master at the interview process. Good luck in the future and I hope all goes well with this really unpredictable, unstable company, with really pricey overrated food.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions to speak of because I wasn't asked too many myself in my experience, at least in my interview with the company. But that was when they were with a great "Holding" company by the name of Darden restaurants LLC.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of online application, personality test ,phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the district manager. I was told I interviewed great and was highly qualified for the position but they decided to hire from within the company. Would have been nice if they would have done that first instead of having me jump through hoops for the job.

Interview Questions

• What was an example where you implemented a change at a job and how did you achieve that change   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill (Lakeland, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Easy layed back company.