Smokey Bones

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Smokey Bones in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews come first from the DO or GM from the region you are looking to be in and/or they want you to be. Second interview comes from the home office by the development team. The final interview is from the CEO himself, and it is very casual at that point. The last two interviews were done over the phone.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult and the interview was pretty standard. This concept does look for candidates they feel can have fun in a late night bar atmosphere, since this is the direction of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer letter is sent and you can refuse or accept. This concept needs managers badly, so you will have the upper hand in the negotiation process.

Very Difficult Interview

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Smokey Bones in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a brief conversation with the Manager on Duty. This is then followed by a personality profile test that is not a pass or fail test, just something to see what kind of person you are and how honest you really are or can be. The next process is about a 10-15 minute wait which can seem like an eternity when you're looking for a job and just waiting for a potential employer to just say you're hired and you start ???... Finally after all that depending upon what position you're applying for, or the restaurants' needs at present hand, you could be hired on the spot, if you passed the test I should say. This is put through the computer for grading I forgot to add, that's why you had to wait the 10-15 minutes, or you could be put off for another interview with another department head, or the General Manager. The questions are all pretty basic and once you've answered one, you've answered them all. You're now a master at the interview process. Good luck in the future and I hope all goes well with this really unpredictable, unstable company, with really pricey overrated food.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions to speak of because I wasn't asked too many myself in my experience, at least in my interview with the company. But that was when they were with a great "Holding" company by the name of Darden restaurants LLC.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smokey Bones in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of online application, personality test ,phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the district manager. I was told I interviewed great and was highly qualified for the position but they decided to hire from within the company. Would have been nice if they would have done that first instead of having me jump through hoops for the job.

Interview Question – What was an example where you implemented a change at a job and how did you achieve that change   Answer Question

Server Interview

Lakeland, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Smokey Bones in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easy layed back company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Columbus, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Smokey Bones in August 2010.

Interview Details – started off slow, management took sweet time to see me and the place was dead.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Bartender/Server Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Smokey Bones in February 2010.

Interview Details – First you have to take a ridiculous test with all kinds of irrelevant questions for a food server. Then the manager never came back until 45 minutes after I was done with the test. This made me run late for another appointment. I came back for a second interview and the head bartender interviewed me. She was insulting, rude and told me how much I did not want to work there and how irresponsible the staff was and how I would have to pick up the slack from them.

Interview Question – What was the worst day of my life   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After the second interview, I did not want the job

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Smokey Bones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smokey Bones interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Smokey Bones employees and interview candidates.