Smucker

Very Difficult Interview

AV Technician Interview

AV Technician
Orrville, OH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Smucker in August 2011.

Interview Details – I began interviewing for this position in Mid-June 2011. The 1st step consisted of a phone screen/webcam interview. I was scheduled to do this on a weekday afternoon at 1:00 so I took a half day of vacation at my current employer. About an hour before the interview time the HR dept. called and told me they had to re-schedule and initially wanted to do it on another day. Luckily I was able to get it later that same day. This interview was fairly brief.

The next step was an in person interview in Orrville, I met with several people, all 1 at a time, each one of them asked me the same questions.

After this I was brought back for a second in person interview. Before the interview a Smucker's recruiter called me and told me I was the ONLY candidate who was being called back for this step. HOWEVER, when I was at the interview a different recruiter told me there was also 1 other candidate they were "very excited about". That had me scratching my head but I didn't want to throw the first recruiter under the bus so I just wrote it off. This interview was similar to the first in that multiple people took turns asking me the same questions.

The final step consisted of another in person interview, it is Mid-August 2011 at this point. I interviewed with several people who had been hired within the last few months and seemingly had very little to do with the position I was seeking. They took turns asking me the same questions.

I was then called and told I did not get the job via a voice-mail, and an e-mail.

Most of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and very respectful. Overall, I would say the interview process was overkill. If you can get a job there they seem to have great benefits and a great atmosphere. They just aren't very considerate of other people's time(I used a ton of vacation time to go after this position!) during the interview process, and the recruiting dept. seems to be a bit of a mess.

Interview Question – They really want to know about your interests outside of work, as well as what attracted you to Smuckers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smucker

Worked for Smucker? Contribute to the Community!