Smucker

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Category Analyst Interview

Category Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Smucker.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews and long day of individual interviews at corporate office with people you will work cross-functionally with in the role. They really want to ensure new hires fit the company culture.

Interview Question – Most questions were to start conversation, so it didn't feel too scripted. It felt very natural.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries are not negotiable

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Process Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Smucker.

Interview Details – There was a career fair on campus, and I submitted my resume. Afterwards, I applied for the position on a job board posting. I received a call from the HR manager and a phone interview was set up. The phone interview was standard screening and questions and lasted about 20 minutes. A few days later, I got an email asking for an in person interview at the plant. I arrived for my interview on time and waited in the lobby. Apparently there was another interview for someone else right before me. I knew this because the HR manager and Operations Manager both walked by me and spoke with the other interviewee in another room. It was kind of awkward and my interview started later than scheduled. When I was finally interviewed by the HR manager, it was standard interview questions and behavioral examples. But when I was answering, she seemed sort of disinterested and going through the motions. Then, I interviewed with the other manager. It was more technical and I showed some of my related course laboratory work. I felt confident that my skills and demeanor met their expectations, for an internship position. I was a senior at the time, so this position was really needed for my professional development. When I checked out, the HR manager told me to expect response on Monday (Interview was on Friday). So, I felt pretty good about it and just patiently waited. No word back on Monday or Tuesday. Oh well, it was around Nov/Dec, so I figured it was just holiday season. Then nothing for the week. And the next. After about a week or so, I sent a follow up email. No reply. Then, I called the HR manager, and did not pick up. I didn't leave a message, as I figured I could call back later. I called back maybe a day later, and still no one picked up. I left a message, and waited for a call back or at least an email. But Nope. Nothing. No response or feedback whatsoever, not even a rejection one. I was very confused and bitter about it for quite a while, because I felt that my skills and qualifications met the requirements, and I felt that I impressed the Operations Manager at least. Eventually, I checked the online application status a couple months later, and it finally updated to "no longer under consideration." Overall, the interview was decent, and it was good experience. But the lack of any response at all really put me off, and made me feel like I was just a part of the whole B.S. HR recruiting marketing function. To Smuckers HR: Treat your candidates with more respect and keep them updated instead of being lost in the dark feeling used.

Interview Question – The usual type of questions, such as: How would you solve so and so problem?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Orrville, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Smucker in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was well communicated with the 5 people and times we would talk. The interview was in a guest room where I resided and they visited me. The atmosphere was business and the office was very professional and comfortable. The questions were behavioral based and generic with nothing unusual.

Interview Question – What are the detailed series of steps when executing a medium sized capital project?   View Answer

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Marketing Analyst
Orrville, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Smucker in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very lengthy. Longest I ever have experienced

Interview Question – Typical tough interview questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Orrville, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Smucker in January 2014.

Interview Details – one phone interview, one half day in person interview. met with 4-5 people

Interview Question – Pretty general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for temporary position

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Smucker.

Interview Details – Online Application

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to facilitate an issue between 2 disgruntled co-workers   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Smucker.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interviews
2 Half Day Interviews with multiple Managers
Generic Questions

Interview Question – What are your 10 year goals   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Lead Analyst

Interviewed at Smucker

Interview Details – Company seems to have act together. Everyone was professional & process was smooth. Provide benefits overview booklet during interview process so there are no 'surprises' later. No one asked any 'illegal' questions or repeated questions. Interview is done in own frosted-glass paneled room which ensure privacy AND means that candidate does not change rooms!

Interview Question – Asked about my professional goals   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Smucker.

Interview Details – I got an interview through career fair at my university. Interviewed with an HR person shortly thereafter. That was mostly behavioural questions and nothing out of the ordinary, she was very nice. About a week later I got a call inviting me to come interview at their headquarters in Orrville, Ohio. I spoke to about 6 different managers from different departments.

Interview Question – None that I can think of, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Communications

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Smucker in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 lengthy, detailed interviews with recruiters; about a month later, Smucker's HR interview and it went well. A second HR interview about 3 weeks later was horrible: she was curt, disengaged, almost angry, and seemed to be checking questions off her list, without listening to the answer.

Interview Question – Questions were as expected about skills and past experience. However, they seemed to have someone specific in mind for the job; or no one at all because they wanted a wide range of expertise, along with extensive experience in each area. A perfect fit seems unlikely.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smucker

Worked for Smucker? Contribute to the Community!