Smucker

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

Lead Analyst Interview

Company seems to have act together. Everyone was professional & process was smooth. Provide benefits overview booklet during interview process so there are no 'surprises' later. No one asked any 'illegal' questions or repeated questions. Interview is done in own frosted-glass paneled room which ensure privacy AND means that candidate does not change rooms!

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smucker.

I got an interview through career fair at my university. Interviewed with an HR person shortly thereafter. That was mostly behavioural questions and nothing out of the ordinary, she was very nice. About a week later I got a call inviting me to come interview at their headquarters in Orrville, Ohio. I spoke to about 6 different managers from different departments.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smucker in October 2013.

Interview process was well communicated with the 5 people and times we would talk. The interview was in a guest room where I resided and they visited me. The atmosphere was business and the office was very professional and comfortable. The questions were behavioral based and generic with nothing unusual.

Interview Questions
    • What are the detailed series of steps when executing a medium sized capital project?   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Smucker in October 2013.

Met their recruiters on campus multiple times and networked with them quite a bit. I applied on the university job posting site and they selected me for an on-campus interview a week or so later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, and no behavioral questions either.   View Answer
    They will usually offer you in a position in a department where they feel you will fit best based on what they learned in your interview. Also, pay rate is based on what year you are in school. I had no negotiations since I was very happy with what I was offered in terms of position as well as compensation.

Communications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Smucker in August 2013.

2 lengthy, detailed interviews with recruiters; about a month later, Smucker's HR interview and it went well. A second HR interview about 3 weeks later was horrible: she was curt, disengaged, almost angry, and seemed to be checking questions off her list, without listening to the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were as expected about skills and past experience. However, they seemed to have someone specific in mind for the job; or no one at all because they wanted a wide range of expertise, along with extensive experience in each area. A perfect fit seems unlikely.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Smucker in July 2013.

An HR person set me up with an appointment for a phone interview, and was as nice as she could be. Unfortunately, I was asked to interview with a different person, who was hopefully just having a bad day. Her tone and rate of speech suggested she was bored and disinterested in what I had to say. This was frustrating, but I took it as a challenge to be extra cheery and enthusiastic. My approach proved futile, as the interviewer neglected to convey any semblance of warmth. She rounded out her buzzkill of an interview by explaining that her company had "no use" for post graduate education. I could not believe what I had heard. It makes me wonder if she was just interviewing me to fill her quota of calls. This was certainly not the Smucker I thought I was interviewing for.

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Smucker.

Questions are unstructured and open ended. Bring a portfolio of projects done.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really difficult or misleading questions. The interviewers want to make sure that you would be a good fit.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Representative, Customer Service In Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Smucker in May 2013.

I applied online and was contacted within two months to schedule a 15 min. phone interview. After I passed that I was emailed a Candidate Bio to fill out and email back. It asked fairly vague questions like "What are your career aspirations?" I was then contacted by phone to schedule First Round Interviews which consisted of being interviewed over the course of three hours by six different people. Approx. two weeks later they contacted my by phone to submit to a background check online through a third-party company. Next I was contacted to come in for Second Round Interviews and a drug screening. I was there for over four hours and meet with seven different people. Everyone was very warm and friendly and I think it would be a fantastic work environment. Unfortunately, after several days I was called and told that they were moving ahead with a different candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. "What is an area of weakness for you?" "If I were to ask one of your friends about you, how would he/she describe you?" "Tell me a little bit about yourself?" "What questions to you have for me?"   Answer Question

Communications Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Smucker.

Phone screen followed by interview in Orville. Talked to 3 different people 1 on 1 all who asked the exact same questions. Never got to meet with head of HR because they were in an important meeting. Why schedule interview when you can't meet? Took time out of day for interview and no one ever got back to me not even to tell me I did or did not get the job! No follow-up whatsoever. It has been over two weeks and not a word. Long process dragged out for no reason.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smucker.

The interview was great, with the interviewers really trying to get to know more about you and how you can fit in the company. They really want to know about skills you have so you can be placed within the company at the right place. The interview isn't a rapid fire of questions, it was more of a conversation.