Smyths Toys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wigan, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wigan, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Smyths Toys in October 2014.

very informal went in asked about any vacnacies and handed cv in they rang me next day asked to come in for an interview said id hear back in next couple of days they rang me same day to say I was successful

Interview Questions
    • usual why smyths , what ex[erience do u have nothing difficult   Answer Question

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Smyths Toys in April 2014.

I attended one interview and was called to attend a second group interview were we spoke to several members and signed all important documentations as well as given our uniforms and shift rota. the experience was generally possitive during the interview process and I was left with hope.

Smyths Toys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Smyths Toys.

Really simple interview as management are not very trained in dealing with interviews. Simple face to face interview in the store canteen, 10 minutes max. Simple and standard questions, nothing very tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you feel you demonstrated exemplary customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, minimum wage job.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Smyths Toys in September 2012.

very informal and easy process, wasn't asked many questions, simply asked which hours i could do as this seemed to be of most importance to them.

no negotiation

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Smyths Toys in July 2011.

easy interview, ten mins long, asked where i worked and what department would i like!

Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Smyths Toys in June 2011.

Had to go to St Helens store to meet a guy called Andrew Sadler. He just basically had my cv and asked me questions on each section, why i left jobs? would i be happy moving stores after 6 months?

Interview Questions
    offered by an agency, made me an offer i declined then he phoned me back with what i wanted.