Snagajob

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Operations Specialist Interview

Account Operations Specialist
Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Snagajob in May 2010.

Interview Details – This was a pretty irritating interview process. The first thing that attracted me to this company was the "look at us, we're so cool, have fun, and love working together" sort of attitude that the website portrays. Anyways, back to the interview: I prepared extensively for this interview, and felt that my qualifications were perfect for the position. I prepared for the interview according to what was listed in the job description. However, the questions the recruiter asked me felt so vague, they were all very difficult to answer. I also felt like they really didn't give me a chance to shine.

After the so-so interview I sat on edge and checked my phone more anxiously than a teenage-girl waiting on her crush to call. Of course, the call came after an entire week or so of waiting. Of course the answer was no, I did not get invited for an-on site interview. I went through this torture twice.

Last summer, I was on the rocks job-wise and barely squeaking by with the pitiful job I had. I was still bitter about the asinine interview process, but I notice the same job was posted again, so I swallowed my pride and decided to give it another shot. I figured, "Hey, I'm more experienced, polished, and will know what to expect." This time, I didn't even get an interview. I noticed that immediately after I applied for the job, they took the post down the next day!

Like I said before, the play-time, lets-have-fun, party attitude which is advertised on their website attracted me to apply. I was desperate to get out of the company I was at; no one like each other, the environment was gross (physically and metaphorically), and I felt like employees come last. Naturally, was caught up in the "magic" this company seemed to have. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't get hired! First of all, the pay they told me for the Account Operations Specialist is a joke. It was in the 27k range per year I think. For all the qualifications they want and such an "exclusive" interviewing process you think it'd be double.

Second, this fun-and-games thing they have going on is a joke. Notice on their website how everything in the career section is essentially all cutesy, witty little quips about slides, bbqs, etc. Really? Grow up. Honestly, this company seems like it fits the "cutesy, 22 year old, bubbly, naive, fresh-out-of-college-type" just right. Even that sort of person should use this place as a stepping stone and nothing more. Go and read employee reviews on this pace and you'll see what I mean. If you are a mature adult look elsewhere for a job. I couldn't care less about a slide, office olympics, etc. The amount of emphasis the website puts on this sort of thing is downright immature.

I found an employer for GROWN adults that pays way more than this company was willing to pay, and the benefits are just as good. Yea, they may not have a slide, but I'm work, not a playground after all.

Interview Question – They were all difficult because they were extremely generic and vague.   Answer Question

Worked for Snagajob? Contribute to the Community!