Snagajob

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

National Healthcare Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rich, MS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rich, MS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snagajob in August 2009.

I had heard of this job via a posting forwarded to me by a group of MBA friends who get an email listing jobs open through thier referral network of graduates. I applied for the job and was called the same day to interview. My skill set was a perfect fit for the duties, education, and experience outlined in the job position. I scheduled and interview with the HR director. A few days later she called and rescheduled which I accommodated gladly. I was then asked to reschedule a second time, which I also did.

It was obvious that the interviewer was not knowledgable as to what types of questions to ask someone with a healthcare background as this was not a product line that this company had previously offered. I pretty much lead her through my resume, experience and answered a few typical interview questions. I felt I had done very well. When I left she stated my hiring manager would be my next intereview but he was on vacation. She then told me that she was going on vacation for a week starting that day and it would be a week before they got back to me.

I went home and sent a thank you note and email. I also inquired about some statistics that i felt she had incorrectly stated (the amount of daily contact activity they required) and asked for clarification in the email. I never heard from them again. After three weeks I sent an email asking to be left out of the running due to the fact that I had not been contacted or updated as promised.

I was sent a "tail between the legs" email apologizing for the mistake along with some typical excuses as to why I was left hanging. I had sent the HR director's direct report a copy of the email and told them that for a company who was in the business of recruiting they had failed miserably as far as I was concerned. I must state that I was told I was a top contender for the job and asked to stay in the race, I still declined the offer.

The fact that this company is touted as "one of the best to work for" and is in the job of recruiting for non-salary positions it was very telling that they left me hanging for three weeks without any contact. I don't want to work for a company who treats executive level recruits this way. It is telling and I am sick of company's who waste my time.