Snap Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Snap Fitness in August 2014.

First off, each Snap Fitness location is privately owned. However, the location where I am employed is owned by a company who owns and operates multiple clubs across several states. For this reason, my interview experience may be very different from someone who applies with a locally owned and operated club.

I applied online through a job board site (Indeed, I believe) and was contacted about a week later by an assistant at the corporate office. She was short and to the point, said they were interested in talking to me more about the position and wanted to set up a Skype interview. She asked me when I would be available. We agreed on the following morning at 10am, then she emailed back about an hour later and said we would have to change it to 9:30am. No problem.
    The next morning I get a phone call at 8:35 from the corporate office hiring manager. He proceeds to tell me that he has been trying to find me on Skype and is having no luck, and tells me to add him and press call....... I wasn't expecting him for another hour! Luckily I was already up, but I had on no makeup and clearly looked like I just rolled out of bed.
    Moral of the story--- ask which TIME ZONE they are in if you're interviewed over the phone or Skype.

Anyways, the interview itself was painless. He asked if I was competitive, what I was passionate about, how I was with people, what I think makes for a good salesperson, what I think is the best quality for customer service, then asked what I think the job is worth as far as pay. That must have just been a curiosity question because they offered me the base pay ($9) when I asked for more.

Strangely enough, I received a call a few days later from the manager at the location and he wanted to meet me in person. I assumed that this was my followup from the Skype interview, but when I got there he mentioned meeting me first then suggesting to corporate to interview me. Apparently he saw my application and called me without knowing they had already done that. The much shorter interview at the club was more relaxed and informal, and I was asked questions about my current job responsibilities. He then told me he would communicate with the corporate office and let them know what happened, and I would be hearing back soon.

I received an email offer letter from the corporate hiring manager approximately 1 week after the Skype interview. From time of application to receiving my job offer was about 2 1/2 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the job is worth as far as pay   View Answer

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedona, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedona, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Snap Fitness.

The hiring process was simple and more like talking with a friend. There was a basic application and little else. The person hiring basically gave a brief overview of what they were looking for and an over view of the position. There was no lag time and the hiring/ offer was given immediately.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations.They made the offer and there was no variations from that offer.

Club Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snap Fitness.

I only had one Interview which was with the owner. He was pretty explanatory as to what the job entailed and made sure to ask me questions that pertained to my experiences and tested me on them. Im sure he was making sure that I knew what I was doing and how to execute.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. I asked a lot of questions that had him ponder for an answer a few times :)   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsburg, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsburg, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Snap Fitness in July 2011.

I was asked about my commitment to personal fitness. Interviewed on my skills as a salesperson. Walked through a mock interview with a client where I was instructed to lead the perspective client into believing they were signing a year's commitment when in actuality they were signing a month to month contract they could cancel at anytime. This was to mislead the client into paying for at least a whole year's worth of service. But the owner is a very good salesman and he sells you the new employee on these techniques that eventually get you in trouble with the clients.

Interview Questions
    The interview is a breeze.

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Snap Fitness in October 2010.

Informal. Relaxed interview process.

Had prepared salary and commission rates beforehand. Each Snap location is individually owned and salaries I'm sure will vary greatly. Best to go in with an idea in mind as far as what you are looking for with compensation.

Club Manager & Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Snap Fitness in May 2009.

I applied for the job in person and a few days later I was called back in for a one-on-one interview with the owner of the gym. The interview was on-site and very professional. There was nothing unusual about it. It was a very basic and straightforward interview. The basic questions were asked and the entire interview lasted a little over an hour. Because the interview was for a personal training position the owner had me do a "mock" fitness consultation and had me walk him through some exercise related tests. This was not made aware to me before the interview which I think was a great tactic on the owner's part in order to gauge my response and knowledge to health and exercise instruction.

There was no negotiation phase because right from the beginning it was made known to me that the position had a starting set pay. However, it was made aware to me that there would be room for pay increases based on performance.

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Snap Fitness in December 2012.

resume,qualification, experience,certification,good physic, language,

nothing

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snap Fitness in January 2011.

I meet with the gym owner for a one-on-one interview. Questions asked were the typical why do you want to be a personal trainer? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? He reviewed my resume and asked questions about what I've done in the past.

Personal trainers here are basically independent contractors. I was told by one of their trainers that this club allows the trainer to set their own rates.