SnapLogic

3.2

Demand Generation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at SnapLogic in April 2013.

Initial communication is by email with a follow up by HR and a fairly detailed phoned interview by the head of HR followed by several in person interviews and a follow up if necessary. Dark rich colored office. Very subdued for a start up environment. Many staffers are pulled from Oracle. Highly metric driven and deep drills on very specific feature functions of Marketo software. Interviewers want to see if you have what it takes to cut it - very alpha very combative - poking for holes. Culture is vacuous. No reply to follow up status email which was odd after many overtures regarding the importance of treating people right and professing a culture of courtesy. What you see is not what you get.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain and go about fixing a serious drop in online SEO new leads as a result of Panda to your internal sales team and fix it right away? A question that has answers that are beyond anyone's control.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SnapLogic in May 2012.

Phone screen with HR. Asked questions about me and answered questions about the company. Then, I was invited for in person interview. I was asked design questions about real-time systems and also asked to code code questions on a whiteboard. A lot of my interviews seemed more like a brainstorming session.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared very well for the interview, so it wasn't that hard.   View Answer
    Pretty easy. I was happy with the initial offer.

Professional Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SnapLogic in February 2012.

Went into SnapLogic's building in San Mateo (used to be YouTube's building before they moved to San Bruno.) Talked with the recruiter for a bit about the position and got to know the details of the company and their current position in the market. Proceeded to interview with three other people -- the manager of professional services, the team leader of professional services, and the first engineer of SnapLogic. The interview with the manager was non-technical; he asked questions to determine whether or not I would be a good fit and whether or not I would enjoy the position. The other two interviews were technical and consisted of questions themed around database design, algorithms, APIs, concurrency, and REST architecture.

Interview Questions
    • Design a database for a vendor (including products, purchase orders, etc.) and then write a query to select the names of all products that need to be shipped today. (I can't remember the exact question, but it was something along these lines.)   View Answer

Director Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SnapLogic in September 2011.

Having experience the pain and suffering of Google's (and a few others) this one was really very enjoyable: I was also treated to dinner and, on another occasion, drinks w/ CEO.

The actual interview process took place over a full 5 hours stretch on a single day (my choice, it was convenient for me) and it was a mixture of technical questions and management ones.

Interview Questions
    • I can't quite recall, but most of the technical question revolved around distributed systems, Java and cloud computing.   View Answer
    Straighforward - they knew what I made at Google, figured out what the company could afford and did the best they could. I really appreciated the honesty, and accepted even if the salary offer was lower than I was making, because of the great potential upside for the equity part.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SnapLogic in September 2011.

HR pinged me > Phone screen > Phone interview with an engineer > Group interview