Snapdeal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

Applications Engineer Interview

I was called for the technical interview the next day by HR. I seriously don't remember whether I applied for this post or the HR found my CV (from job sites) suitable for this post. I am a fresher.

Interview Questions
    • I told the interviewer that I was not able to brush up things since HR called me the next day. So he started with some questions on aptitude and then some basic questions on the language I know.
      Now since I am a fresher from ECE field, I didnt have any experience in languages like C++, Java.
      I only know about Python(that too out of interest) and a bit of C during my engineering.
      The awkward point about the interviewer was that when(on his asking) I told him that I have been coding since 1-2 years in MATLAB, VHDL, LABVIEW, he refused to call me a programmer.
      According to him only a person who has coded in C,C++, JAVA, etc is a programmer.
        Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Snapdeal in October 2014.

I was contacted by a consultancy for interview scheduled at 10.30 I reached there by 10.20am. No proper communication. I waited for 10 mins and asked by a person why I am here. I answered that am here for interview. He asked me go to other floor and did not mention the exact room. To my wonder my name was not there and called cinsultancy. Snapdeal hr people are so rude and asked me to leave on my face and not picking up the cinsultant call.

People are bit rude and my knid of my style. Hence left from the place with very bad experience.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Snapdeal in October 2014.

if you are from a normal company like TCS or infosys then you need to give one extra written round and if you are from big companies like flipkart or vmware then no need.
    first was written on java and database testing on hackerrank
    then 2 technical and a HR round...

Associate - Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Snapdeal in October 2014.

I applied online through a job portal, teh next day my job application status was changed to shortlisted.
    But they contacted me after around 20-25 days. Process was quick and smooth. There were four rounds in total, first an online aptitude test which they have coordinated with cocubes, there were 50 question and 12 min time.
    2nd round was telephonic based on my knowledge of SQL and excel.
    The next round was through Google Hangout, and the 4th round was case study.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiable, they will straight away give you 20-35 % hike.

Data Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Snapdeal in October 2014.

There was an online test of 5 Questions [ 3 subjective and 2 objective],
    The online test was quite straight forward and easy.
    after that face to face technical interview.

As far as I know they would have taken second technical interview as well had first round been cleared

Interview Questions
    • My total experience[very relevant to opening] is 6 years, and both guys who interviewed me have 3 years of experience each.

I feel it is the mistake on the part of HR co-ordinator
        Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snapdeal in September 2014.

I am a Functional and Database tester and having 6 years of experience. I was called for interview for the similar profile.

The guy who tool my interview was having approx 4 years of experience.
    He asked me questions on Sql query, and Unix.
    1- Write nth highest salary, query with where/group by/having clause. But he was confused with his question - not able to describe what exactly he wants (Sql query).
    2- one Q was What you will verify in a new schema... I answered the same with some steps and one of the step was-- Verify PK, FK, Composite Key (PK applied on more than one column)...then after he asked don't you check Constraints F*** man....
    Out of 10 Sql question I correctly replied for 8, Just got confused in Cross and Natural Join.

Now the other Part is Unix
    1- asked me command to save a file in Vi editor- i replied :wq! , then he asked will it work without !. what the fish ...
    Then I felt that his intention was not to get my correct answers just to realize me me that I don't completely know about Unix commands and he knows everything.

Asked some more commands of Unix, out of 10 I correctly answered 6.

At last I refused to attend for second round and asked to leave.
    One more He asked me what is API, i replied "these are the small programs which are take some instruction or input and provide an expected output....
    Then again he tried to attack on me.... Programs ..... Aren't these functions/methods
    I Fainted :P

Test Engineer Interview

Got call from HR...booked my slot for 4.00..Location very far from Delhi.
    No professional vive I got while attending interview.Simple SQL questions they ask.
    Interviewres were not that serious..were laughing, do not why !!
    They asked one puzzle at the end, which was simple.
    No response afterwards...not that serious interview process went on!!

Merchandising Manager Interview

Interview was quick. there were 2 rounds. The first one was an HR rounds and the second one was a case study round. You are required to put in good effort in the case study, not to be taken lightly. The company values people who are handson and willing to take challenges.

Slight negotiation possible

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snapdeal in July 2014.

I am automation tester similar to SDET. I was called there for the same profile.
    I asked HR to conduct telephonic first but she told me to attend face to face.
    I am having 4 years of exp.The girl who was taking my interview was hardly 1.5 year of exp ,I came to know by her linked in profile.Questions were below average.
    During interview questions were-
    Write code to read cell value of excel (I told her i cant memorize such code)
    Write any 10 unix command (As if I m appearing 10th board exam)
    Some regular questions on selenium that u can easily find on any website.

Not a single question of java,DS,Algorithm was asked.
    After first round,I refused to attend for second round and left.

Interview Questions
    • It was below average interview experience totally pathetic   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snapdeal in April 2014.

Interview call through AMCAT.
    1.Machine coding round.
    2.Snapdeal written test.
    3.Technical Interview.
    4.HR interview.

Rejected in 3rd round

Questions:
    1st round:
     To run two programs in an online compiler.Programs were:
       to rotate a matrix by 90 degrees, to check whether two bit patterns are gray code or not(they explained gray code in the question itself),lru page replacement algo,round robin algo etc.1 hr time.just do any one and u will get through because programs are very tough.

2nd round:
     it was a written test which contained both objective and 5 subjective questions in java and C.subjective questions included programs(any 2 out of 5).programs were:
     a pattern printing program,a binary to decimal program,a doubly linked list implementation basic program,a string reversal program(words to be reversed and not entire string) and one I dont remember.

3rd round:
    A half an hour interview.mainly resume based.asked basic questions in C and Java ,puzzles(light bulb which switch belongs to which bulb,time and work basic numericals etc.)and whatever u have written in the resume.Prepare resume carefully

After clearing this round there was another technical interview.It focused mainly on data structures and was very tough.I was rejected in this round.