Snapdeal

Snapdeal Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

Software Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

I got a call from HR and I must say she did her job perfectly. Right from explaining the job description in detail, scheduling an interview, updating me with the result of each tech round to final HR discussion.

Initially, there was an online test in Java, SQL and UNIX which I cleared. After that HR scheduled my in person interview as per my convenience.

Most importantly, during interview, I didn't have to wait much for my turn. Overall it was 3 technical round and then final HR discussion.

First technical round started with light note on access modifier (though it was tricky). Then slowly discussion moved to tree, algorithms, data structure, collections and design pattern. Needless to say the Interviewer was highly technical and he knew what to ask and how. I must say it was a difficult round.

After that, second round was more on implementation rather than just theoretical. So if you are appearing for an interview in Snapdeal, you must have solid hands on in writing precise and clear code.

The interviewer covered almost everything an interviewee can ever imagine. It started with collections, different classes in JDK 5, 6 and slowly progressed to design pattern, back tracking, algorithms, data structure, comparator, comparable, scenario based question and many more. It was again tough to crack.

Third round of technical discussion was more on analytic, problem solving. It started with SQL then puzzles. Puzzles puzzled me a lot. Please make sure you go through puzzles as well. I didn't know but now you know. Isn't it. :)

All rounds significantly lead to 2 points.

1: They hire the best among us and they know how to select right candidate for an opportunity.

2: They know in and out of technology stack you have worked on, so be careful what you are writing in your CV. They ask questions from your CV as well.

All technical rounds were so detailed and thorough that it's almost impossible to cover everything here. Focus more on data structure, algorithms, and solid hands on in any programming language.

After that, HR updated me with the Panel's result. During HR discussion, I was asked questions like why Snapdeal, are you fine with Delhi location, about my previous employment history and an approximate date for joining.

In a nut shell, A DAY WORTH SPENT WITH TECH EXPERTS.

Interview Questions
    • Focus more on data structure, algorithms, and solid hands on in any programming language.   Answer Question

Manager Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Snapdeal.

The recruitment process is pretty fast and straight. The travel and accommodation arrangements are very prompt. The followups and coordination from my recruiting HR, Hari Prakash Mishra, were really good.
    However, the understanding of the job roll by recruiting HR needs to be improved. The internal coordination between recruiting HR and operation HR could be better to avoid inconvience
    Advice to candidates: Ask all your queries and job description during the interview itself. Be very clear on what you are going to do after you join this company. All recruiting HR shows a lot of brownie for getting you on board and its normal everywhere. We should be very clear on what are our KRA's.

Salary negotiation is pretty flexible.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Snapdeal in January 2015.

There were 2 rounds of technical face to face interview.
    Interview questions were on Unix, Testing and reasoning.
    Thereafter there happens 1 EM round (Telephonic)
    Then Salary Negotiations by the HR
    Then you get the job offer

Interview Questions
    • There are two servers. There is a 1GB file on one of them.
      Infrastructure supports that only 500 MB of file can be downloaded in 5 minutes.
      How can you download the complete file in 5 minutes?

I could not understand the context of the question..

Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Snapdeal.

Total mess. No follow up from HR (I had to call them after every 15 mins to ask about what is happening), I had to wait for "more than an hour" to get the process started.
    This kind of process easily make you feel like a fool lost in crowd, zero hospitality. Finally, I was told that person who had to take interview is on leave.

Interview started after long wait turned up into a disaster. The interviewer didn't even asked for introduction or my background or experience (didn't even scanned through CV). He looked lost and straightway asked me to write code on paper (constructs used 9 years ago). All the questions were too specific and based on his experience rather than mine. Looking at his behavior and body language, I had to interrupt him and ask whether the interview is for mentioned position or there is some mismatch. Finally, after his explanation about the role it was evident that explanation by HR doesn't match the ground reality.

I hope someone from company will read this post and my purpose is not to defame or insult anyone but to highlight the following:

1. Company should give clear picture of roles and responsibilities (anyone can play around with words).
    2. Time is precious, respect it.

Interview Questions
    • Code the functionality of features which already exist in java.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

First Round - Written test consists of Programming questions based on Java, Linux commands and data base. This test consists of Question based on development mostly predict the output. I didn't understand why they want to hire a QA for development position. When i ask the same from Interviewer , he said they don't want a person who write test cases but who can write piece of code.
    Second Round: As soon as second round started after waiting of 2 hrs interviewer asked me to write sorting program and tell the complexity. After his lame answer "We want QA who can do development ", I was done with him because I don't want to work for an organization where KRA of employees are not clearly defined Or basically they don't know the definition of QA.
    HR is very unprofessional and don't know how conduct the hiring process. Work environment is like a call center .

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is difficult as interview was based on developer profile but They want QA to do that task. One of major foolishness of product based organization.   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Snapdeal.

There were a couple of interviews - Technical as well as HR. Some basic HR questions and the concepts of DS were asked

Senior Manager Media Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

Very detailed oriented & professional in their approach. 4 different rounds startting with the Telecon, online test, case study & face to face interaction. They have tried to streamline the selection process expected from a growing start up.

Digital Marketeer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

Aptitude test, GD, 2 interviews (HR + Tech)
    Tech interview had questions on digital marketing, different academic courses since I was a fresher, guesstimations and some based on CV
    2nd tech interview was a little stress based. Offline marketing campaign design, weirdest thing you have done.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

Interview happened as per the scheduled timelines. They gave a call directly (HR). And it was a nice experience for me.

Interview was of 3 online tests - java, Database and Linux followed by 3 rounds of face to face discussions and a managerial round (pending for me). Questions span across java, Database, data structures, Selenium Web Driver and testing process.

Also had an informal HR round for package discussion and all.

Almost got the offer. Awaiting call for final telephonic round from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Yet to start my negotiation.

Process Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Snapdeal in December 2014.

1. Online Test-12 mins, 50 aptitude questions, very easy to be done in 10 mins
    2. Group Exercise- 10 people in a group, come up with a list of 7 items in 15 mins that you would want. Situation given was a plane crash.
    3. PI- The interviewer was totally unprofessional to carry out the process, no proper flow and order, haphazardly anything was happening. 40 mins PI , asked some basic LR questions then said you are not fit for the organisation.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but am amazed at the poor management skills of recruiting staff.   Answer Question