Snapdeal

Very Easy Interview

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Snapdeal in July 2014.

Interview Details – I am automation tester similar to SDET. I was called there for the same profile.
I asked HR to conduct telephonic first but she told me to attend face to face.
I am having 4 years of exp.The girl who was taking my interview was hardly 1.5 year of exp ,I came to know by her linked in profile.Questions were below average.
During interview questions were-
Write code to read cell value of excel (I told her i cant memorize such code)
Write any 10 unix command (As if I m appearing 10th board exam)
Some regular questions on selenium that u can easily find on any website.

Not a single question of java,DS,Algorithm was asked.
After first round,I refused to attend for second round and left.

Interview Question – It was below average interview experience totally pathetic   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Delhi (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Snapdeal in March 2014.

Interview Details – first round was basic Interview where in the CV was scanned followed by a presentations where the candidate was asked to make a ppt and this round was verification. The ques were more on personality and situational analysis. the PPT was more on the idea of the profile

Interview Question – why do you fit the role   Answer Question

Research Engineer II Interview

Research Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Snapdeal in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 rounds of interview. First was telephonic and technical(it lasted for 1 hr 15 min). This round was focused on my domain which is Data Science. I was asked questions related to Data handling, Data Mining, Algorithms, Languages like R, Python. Second round was Face-to-Face with a Lead software developer for testing skills on computer science fundamentals like Data Structures and algorithms(it lasted for 30 min). And the last round was managerial round which lasted for around 45 min. In this round I had discussion on the current status of the company and how I can make it better with the help of Data Science. What would be my role int he organization and from my end what could be the initial goal of action.

Interview Question – What all things I can do to make Snapdeal a better place with the help of Data Science   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Snapdeal in April 2013.

Interview Details – i go snapdeal 4 times + 3 round of telephonic interview .
first i got call from hr to schedule technical interview.
next 2 are telephonic tecnical interview,after that they call for f2f
when i go fir 1st time f2f again same guys taking technical interview
after they call me for hr f2f and cancelled,after that i never go for interview on this company.
they just waste time later i got information that they hired reference guys.
please don't go there to waster your 3 - 4 days .if you have reference please go else never go.

Interview Question – how to get alert through nagios without using any paid sms servie   View Answer

Lead Engineer In Test Interview

Lead Engineer In Test

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Snapdeal.

Interview Details – There is no process at all.
1. The HR first called me on a weekend at 2 p.m. and asked to be on time so that they will complete the process in 1 day. They made me wait till 3 p.m. clock and then after 2 interviews, they asked me to come again on some weekday.
2. This time, I requested that I will come after 6 p.m. but HR said I should be there by 4:30 p.m. or else it won't be done in 1 day itself. But once again, nothing happened till 5:30 p.m. I kept waiting in a conf room and then had to call her to start the process. God knows why she called me at 4:30 p.m.
3. Then everything was positive, and she said she will give update my next day which she didn't give :)
4. I asked it next week and she said final discussion is pending with VP and then she will give me feedback by a specific day. That day passed. The nest day passed. I mailed her. I called her. No response again :)
5. The interviewers themselves were too good and asked appropriate questions but the process and the way they treated a candidate was pathetic and I decided no to go ahead with them.

Interview Question – The interviewer gave me a situation and asked me to write automation framework for the same. He then started digging further based on how I was going about it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Build and Release Engineer
Okhla (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Snapdeal in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got the mail from HR and applied. They conducted the interview immediately
There were 4-5 rounds of interview including the interview with the director of north region(That is what he told me). I Was told that i will be getting the Offer letter in a day or two but that was not the case . For a month i kept calling and asking the date i will receive the offer letter. After a month they told me they have done the internal movement for the profile .
Then after 4 months they woke up again and said position has now again open and if i want to join snapdeal.
They said i can come and collect my offer letter to their office.When i went there , surprisingly , they again started taking my interviews.

Questions :

Some shell script to automate any task in svn.

Pros: Did not find any
Cons : Infrastructure is really bad.NO process defined . Never work in this company.

Interview Question – 2 math puzzles they gave . solved just one and the interviewer did not have time to ask about second because a baby on the floor started crying. I figured out it was his baby only .   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Snapdeal in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was not that difficult. The interview was divided into 4 rounds.

Interview Question – What have you achieved in your previous job role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Snapdeal.

Interview Details – They started with some weird problems. It was more of a math problem than a programming exercise. After than they scheduled a Telecon. HR forgot that she had scheduled a telecon, or probably she forgot altogether that they were hiring. I had to call them 5 times to give my interview. Finally, some one talked to me about a few basic things and they told me I have cleared that round.

They called me to their office. Again some weird subjective questionnaire. I gave some answers.

I failed to understand what they were trying to judge.

Interview Question – What is a nested class! (It was actually the toughest question they could come up with)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad interview

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Build and Release Engineer
Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Snapdeal in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was taken to a small meeting room. Kept waiting for people to come. There was 4-5 rounds of interviews. There was no senior Unix/Linux guy in the team to ask advanced questions. Questions were relatively easy.

Negotiation Details – They gave 15% hike

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Snapdeal in June 2012.

Interview Details – OnCampus

Interview Question – Ask lot of puzzles to freshers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strict

Interviews for Top Jobs at Snapdeal

Worked for Snapdeal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Snapdeal interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Snapdeal employees and interview candidates.