Snowbird Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Snowbird (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked over the phone then met in person at their corporate office in Cottonwood. The next few days I met with the Manager at the Aerie. We went over the basics of wine and what is expected. Then he asked me three drinks with no attempt to test my baseline knowledge. I didn't know one of the drinks and then he tried to push me into serving. A ploy to get more servers, it was a complete waste of time.

Restaurant Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Snowbird (Sandy, UT) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was awkward and in way over her head. She seemed to be forced into the position only because they couldn't find anyone else to do it. I now understand why. They can't seem to keep good people around..

Interview Questions

• My skiing ability seemed to be of some concern. I don't know what that has to do with the job I applied for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Snowbird.

Interview

Horrible! The guy who interviewed me asked the same questions over and over... he was snide, condescending and overall rude. For example, he asked about my ski/ride ability about 5 different ways. If you need to ask more than once, this interview should have been conducted on the chairlift while you watch me ski/ride!! He was not satisfied with my 5 answers to virtually the same question.

Director of Tickets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Snowbird in August 2009.

Interview

Sent one email to one company, received a phone call from the recruiter, 2 phone interviews. Flight out to SLC two night stay at the mountain resort. Offered job. slam bam. Should have asked for more money. I brought a stronger work ethic to the company. I was vastly over qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why would you take a reduction in pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher base salary. If the new employer wants you they will offer something more that the original offer. Never be afraid to ask.