Snyder's-Lance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in October 2010.

Interview Details – Used a recruiter. Had an interview with my future manager, and the director of Financial Reporting. Went great, easy to talk to. All of my questions were answered sufficiently.

Negotiation Details – Through a recruiter. No negotiations

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very haphazard process - as I was an internal candidate it was nothing more that a lunch with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

IBO Interview

IBO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance.

Interview Details – Pay to become a business, buy truck/ business insurance. Go through the paperwork and have a decent credit score. They are pretty much having to beg people to work for them.

Negotiation Details – Able to have some stores taken off route since they get our product from other places, but am having to pay for other stores that have since went out of business or were told were still receiving service.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in January 2013.

Interview Details – This company just bought out The Snack Factory that makes Pretzel Crisps. I has a Sales/Division Manager call me from The Snack Factory and interviewed me on the phone. She did not respond. I eventually called her and she said that she would interview me in person. I drove four hours to the interview (THEY DO NOT REIMBURSE CANDIDATES FOR TRAVEL-VERY CHEAP). The lady that interviewed me said she would let me know within a few days if I was going to be offered or not offered the job. Months went by and finally I called the lady and she said that she already hired someone. I asked her why she did not return my emails or phone calls and she said it was a mistake. I wished her the best of luck to be professional. I would hope that this company and other companies would be respectful enough to update candidates after interviews, but that's the way some of these companies are. I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE READING THIS STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THAT IS MY OPINION ONLY.

Interview Question – No tough questions. Pretty straight forward.   View Answer

Laborer Interview

Laborer
Burlington, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in August 2010.

Interview Details – I found through a friend of mine that worked at Lance Snacks (formally Vista Bakery) in Burlington that they were hiring. I submitted my application in person and recieved a call back within a week. I had former factory experience and highlighted this in my interview and was offered a job on the spot. Without prior experience, other coworkers mentioned getting a job through a temp agency.

Interview Question – I was not seeking health insurance at the time, but would have been interested in the options for such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 10.15/hr full time, did not negotiate.

Mfg Interview

Mfg
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an insider - shoe-in.

Negotiation Details – pathetic

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in October 2010.

Interview Details – It went rather quickly. You have to sell yourself. If you make a great impression on your possible future employer.

Interview Question – Questions were basic; Do you have experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unemployed for a year, I just took it.

Data Architect Consultant Interview

Data Architect Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in August 2009.

Interview Details – Teleconference with the hiring manager, and four members of the team. I was asked questions round robin in all technical areas of the job that included SQL Server, Dimensional Modeling, analysis, design, and business intelligence.

Having the team involved was to make sure there were no personality conflicts.

The interview process gave me a good understanding of the requirements of the job and the work environment.

I enjoyed the work environment and everyone I met was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with.

My work environment was set up the first day and I was immediately productive.

I would gladly accept a perminant position with the company should one be offered.

Interview Question – Explain the most complicated function or procedure you've written with TSQL.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You will be talked down on salary, regardless of what you request, so ask for $10 and hour more than what you want.

Materials Manager Interview

Materials Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in February 2010.

Interview Details – Candidate selection process has been thought out. Interviews are too long in between, this has been based on the availablity of the interviewers. Phone interviews (several) have been inciteful and lengthy. On site interview was positive and impressive. People were interested and engaged. Repeat questions from phone interviews and lack of interviewer knowledge about the position were disappointing. Interviewers who were knowledgeable about the position were fantastic and asked pointed questions. Interviewed with Directors, VP, and plant manager. Culture was professional and serious. Seem to be in the process of BPA and restructuring. Would love to work for them.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Snyder's-Lance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Snyder's-Lance interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Snyder's-Lance employees and interview candidates.