Snyder's-Lance

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.0

IBO Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance.

Pay to become a business, buy truck/ business insurance. Go through the paperwork and have a decent credit score. They are pretty much having to beg people to work for them.

Able to have some stores taken off route since they get our product from other places, but am having to pay for other stores that have since went out of business or were told were still receiving service.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in March 2011.

Very haphazard process - as I was an internal candidate it was nothing more that a lunch with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it.

Districy Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in January 2011.

Describe your approach to selling to retailers? Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation? How can your background and experiences be utilized in this position? Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position? What are your greatest strengths and Why? What area do you believe you can improve and why?

Better opportunity

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in October 2010.

Used a recruiter. Had an interview with my future manager, and the director of Financial Reporting. Went great, easy to talk to. All of my questions were answered sufficiently.

Through a recruiter. No negotiations

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in October 2010.

It went rather quickly. You have to sell yourself. If you make a great impression on your possible future employer.

Interview Questions
    I was unemployed for a year, I just took it.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in August 2010.

I found through a friend of mine that worked at Lance Snacks (formally Vista Bakery) in Burlington that they were hiring. I submitted my application in person and recieved a call back within a week. I had former factory experience and highlighted this in my interview and was offered a job on the spot. Without prior experience, other coworkers mentioned getting a job through a temp agency.

Interview Questions
    • I was not seeking health insurance at the time, but would have been interested in the options for such.   Answer Question
    I was offered 10.15/hr full time, did not negotiate.

Mfg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in May 2010.

I was referred by an insider - shoe-in.

pathetic

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in February 2010.

Candidate selection process has been thought out. Interviews are too long in between, this has been based on the availablity of the interviewers. Phone interviews (several) have been inciteful and lengthy. On site interview was positive and impressive. People were interested and engaged. Repeat questions from phone interviews and lack of interviewer knowledge about the position were disappointing. Interviewers who were knowledgeable about the position were fantastic and asked pointed questions. Interviewed with Directors, VP, and plant manager. Culture was professional and serious. Seem to be in the process of BPA and restructuring. Would love to work for them.

Data Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in August 2009.

Teleconference with the hiring manager, and four members of the team. I was asked questions round robin in all technical areas of the job that included SQL Server, Dimensional Modeling, analysis, design, and business intelligence.

Having the team involved was to make sure there were no personality conflicts.

The interview process gave me a good understanding of the requirements of the job and the work environment.

I enjoyed the work environment and everyone I met was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with.

My work environment was set up the first day and I was immediately productive.

I would gladly accept a perminant position with the company should one be offered.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most complicated function or procedure you've written with TSQL.   View Answer
    You will be talked down on salary, regardless of what you request, so ask for $10 and hour more than what you want.