Snyder's-Lance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.1

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met with branch manager
    Had to show profincancy in math. Branch manager knew my rep in route sales and wanted me to join the team so the interview process was not too difficult to get through. Might have been a little harder if I wasn't coming in with 15 yrs experience at the time

Interview Questions

• What do you like about route sales?   1 Answer

IBO Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance.

Interview

Pay to become a business, buy truck/ business insurance. Go through the paperwork and have a decent credit score. They are pretty much having to beg people to work for them.

Negotiation

Able to have some stores taken off route since they get our product from other places, but am having to pay for other stores that have since went out of business or were told were still receiving service.

Packer/Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Columbus, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I were hired through a temp service then I worked for 6 months then were hired on a Snyder-Lance. I had to go through an open interview with a bout 20 peoples who also were temps. We had to listen to 5 people who held positions in the businessl

Customer Management Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is not really extensive due to the type of job I was interviewed for. Nothing too difficult, pretty simple. Questions and conversation were pretty basic interview process. Managers were nice and made you feel welcomed.

Negotiation

no negotiation considering its paid hourly and all new employees start out as a temp going through a temp agency. have to wait at least 90 days before you are even considered to be hired or a pay raise through the company itself.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

Very haphazard process - as I was an internal candidate it was nothing more that a lunch with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Districy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance in January 2011.

Interview

Describe your approach to selling to retailers? Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation? How can your background and experiences be utilized in this position? Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position? What are your greatest strengths and Why? What area do you believe you can improve and why?

Better opportunity

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Used a recruiter. Had an interview with my future manager, and the director of Financial Reporting. Went great, easy to talk to. All of my questions were answered sufficiently.

Negotiation

Through a recruiter. No negotiations

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

It went rather quickly. You have to sell yourself. If you make a great impression on your possible future employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unemployed for a year, I just took it.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Burlington, IA) in August 2010.

Interview

I found through a friend of mine that worked at Lance Snacks (formally Vista Bakery) in Burlington that they were hiring. I submitted my application in person and recieved a call back within a week. I had former factory experience and highlighted this in my interview and was offered a job on the spot. Without prior experience, other coworkers mentioned getting a job through a temp agency.

Interview Questions

• I was not seeking health insurance at the time, but would have been interested in the options for such.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered 10.15/hr full time, did not negotiate.

Mfg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an insider - shoe-in.

Negotiation

pathetic