Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sobeys (Orangeville, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I was brought up to the office upstairs and met with the assistant manager.

It was basically about who I was as a person, my hobbies, why I wanted to work here, hours I could work and if I had any other commitments.

Really all you have to do is fit their schedule needs, look responsible and speak good english.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a person?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in April 2015.

Interview

First, I handed in an application and resume to the store and received a call a few weeks later for an interview the next day. I dressed up nicely and went to the interview. It was my first ever interview so some questions took me a little by surprise but if you've been to an interview before it should be no problem. The interview didn't last very long. She asked me a series of questions from a sheet of paper (small package of papers) and filled my answers into the space provided. Since I have no previous working experience some of the questions were skipped since they were not applicable. All questions seemed appropriate and can be answered on the spot. After, she explained to me when I should expect a reply and how I would continue if I were successful (like uniform attire, training, scheduling etc) and then she walked me out.

I was told by my supposed to be future manager that I was very successful in the interview but my availability was not ideal.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Sobeys?
      What do you expect to get from the jobs you've applied to?
      What are you short term goals? Long term goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Describe a time when...

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sobeys (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I took 2 hours for interview there were many rounds like 1. role play in this HR played role of customer and interviewee as cashier or employee, 2. sell product in market etc they gave me butter pack and asked to sell it. 3. to prepare lunch menu including everything overall motive was to check communication skills and how easily one can tackle the customer if he got stuck.Although it was fun.

Cashier/Front End Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

It was a group interview, and we were asked 3 questions. First one was to look at the flyer and plan a meal. Second one was to take a product from the table and "sell" it. Final question was a role playing scenario. Everyone will get a card describing the scenario. One example is, you are working at customer service when a customer returns a rotten watermelon, what do you do? You don't need to bring a copy of your resume, but do bring your references.

Interview Questions

• Role playing questions, but they aren't too bad. Just use common sense.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

If you get a group interview its basically three questions for mine. I had 3 role playing scenarios with 3 other people; expect to have more people in your group. I started off by planning a meal; you are given the flyer and you're asked to create a meal based on creativity. In the next question we were allowed items to choose from a shopping cart (only a few items less than 10) and we were supposed to role play a scenario where a customer would come up and ask about the specific item you chose. Basically giving detailed facts on why they should purchase the brand or item they asked about; how it's healthy etc. Last question we were given slips of scenarios to play out. In my example; a grocery line stretches about 20 minutes long and a customer only has 3 items, he comes up to you and begs you to check his items out since he has so few, how would you handle that situation? (tip: you don't let him cut the line.) That was about it and remember to bring three references that they WILL call.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was prepared for a full interview, with lots of questions about who I am and what I could bring to the company. I was disappointed to find out that they were only meeting with the people who applied so that they could decide who they were interested in most for the follow up interview. They explained what they job was, and their responsibilities. Then questioned about my work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous work experience? Do you have any questions for us? Those were the only two questions asked.   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very informal and casual, quite pleasant and conversational. Interviewer was at director level. Interviewer seemed unprepared and overworked, which indicated a need for more hands on deck. Let me feeling that I had a role to play, and that they needed me more than I needed them.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sobeys (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied
    In-person

Interview Process
    Either a group interview or an one on one. Applicants general reviewed by department managers. Discuss which department you would like to work in and best fit. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. (Good ice breaking activity) This was chance for me to show my character.

On one one Process
    Ask general interview questions to gain a wide understanding of you. If liked should receive the job on the spot or the next day.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

received a call, told i was invited a to a group interview with the administrative manager and produce manager. Did an Ice-breaker, picked stuff from the flyer and acted out a role. not a typical job interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

normal questioning with normal stress level. waiting a week between each interview and met with mgr and director. they were nice and didn't seem mean in the 1st interview but was mean in the interview and felt i didn't get it because of that.