Sobeys

Very Easy Interview

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sobeys in November 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application, got a call in a week or so from the Meat Manager, scheduled an "interview". He basically asked if I would be grossed out or unable to work in cold areas, if I could lift and move stuff around, etc. Nothing related to me personally, just my abilities.

Interview Question – Absolutely nothing.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at Sobeys

Interview Details – very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Interview Question – what is your greatest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Assistant Seafood Manager Interview

Assistant Seafood Manager
Brantford, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sobeys in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews and both were a great experience. The first one was by the department manager 2nd was store manager. Very nice people made me feel relaxed and at ease

Interview Question – there wasn't any really difficult questions except why should they hire me.. Hard to answer as to not look to high and mighty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make sure you know how many hours you will be getting and if it is on contract.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Category Coordinator Interview

Category Coordinator
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and through a recruiter it took 2 weeks, I got a phone call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions like, my salary expectation, availability technical skill sets. This took 10 minutes, he then said they will get back to me; five days later, on Friday at 3pm I got an email scheduling me for an appoint for Monday morning. (Thank God for Smartphones and the fact that I check my email every 30minutes). I met with the director and an HR lady who explain the position and then asked me questions:
1. Tell me about yourself.
1. What application do you know how to use?
2. What can you do in excel and what function are you familiar with.
3. How do you manage your schedule to stay on top of things?
4. How do your skill set and past experience qualify you for this position?
5. What is your strength and weakness?
6. Tell me a time where you have use communication skills to resolve the problem.
7. Why do you want to work for us?
8. What is your goal i.e. Where do see yourself in 5 years.
9. Rate your skill set from 1-5.

Two days later at 5:30pm I got a call for a second interview with the actual hiring manager that I it would be working with. This was very similar to the first interview, it's more to get a feel of your personality. The next day I was made an offer. (If you are applying for a job with Sobeys make sure you check your email and junk email at all times and answer every call after business hours.

Interview Question – What step do you take to prove your value when hire.
what step do you take when you miss a deadline
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair so there was no need to ask for more.

Very Easy Interview

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk

Interviewed at Sobeys

Interview Details – It is very simple behavior-based questions. For example, give me a example in which you showed a good customer service experience and how did you greet customers and provided good service. It only took me 15 minutes to finish the interview. And the next day after interview, I got hired.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Innisfil, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sobeys in April 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out application and handed into store along with resume. Called in for an interview a few days later. Hired immediately after one interview. Was asked pretty standard interview questions. "Why should I hire you?" etc..

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by HR person, briefly asked about past experiences. Then went to 2nd interview with managers

Interview Question – just talking about the experiences on the resume, but I've done a detailed research   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Sobeys

Interview Details – Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response 2 days after for a group interview. Half of the group was sent on a tour of the grocery store while the rest participated in interactive behavioral sessions and vice versa.

Interactive session varies based on the scenario given to you. They consisted of selling an item of your choice, suggesting a meal out of certain food items given to you and behavioral scenarios. Would call back 2 days later to assess your progress. Manager commented on the answers, what should be done and reality of things. You also need to fill in your availability again and they will evaluate your answers. They may ask about your experiences too.

Interview Question – You are a cashier and it is a busy day. There are 6 customers in line and one hastily rushes in at the front of the line with 3 items, begging you to process the transactions quickly. What will you do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sobeys

Worked for Sobeys? Contribute to the Community!