Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.0

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys.

I was prepared for a full interview, with lots of questions about who I am and what I could bring to the company. I was disappointed to find out that they were only meeting with the people who applied so that they could decide who they were interested in most for the follow up interview. They explained what they job was, and their responsibilities. Then questioned about my work experience and availability.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any previous work experience? Do you have any questions for us? Those were the only two questions asked.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys in August 2014.

received a call, told i was invited a to a group interview with the administrative manager and produce manager. Did an Ice-breaker, picked stuff from the flyer and acted out a role. not a typical job interview

Clerk Interview

very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Category Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys in December 2013.

I applied online and through a recruiter it took 2 weeks, I got a phone call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions like, my salary expectation, availability technical skill sets. This took 10 minutes, he then said they will get back to me; five days later, on Friday at 3pm I got an email scheduling me for an appoint for Monday morning. (Thank God for Smartphones and the fact that I check my email every 30minutes). I met with the director and an HR lady who explain the position and then asked me questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    1. What application do you know how to use?
    2. What can you do in excel and what function are you familiar with.
    3. How do you manage your schedule to stay on top of things?
    4. How do your skill set and past experience qualify you for this position?
    5. What is your strength and weakness?
    6. Tell me a time where you have use communication skills to resolve the problem.
    7. Why do you want to work for us?
    8. What is your goal i.e. Where do see yourself in 5 years.
    9. Rate your skill set from 1-5.

Two days later at 5:30pm I got a call for a second interview with the actual hiring manager that I it would be working with. This was very similar to the first interview, it's more to get a feel of your personality. The next day I was made an offer. (If you are applying for a job with Sobeys make sure you check your email and junk email at all times and answer every call after business hours.

Interview Questions
    • What step do you take to prove your value when hire.
      what step do you take when you miss a deadline
        View Answer
    The offer was fair so there was no need to ask for more.

Meat Clerk Interview

It is very simple behavior-based questions. For example, give me a example in which you showed a good customer service experience and how did you greet customers and provided good service. It only took me 15 minutes to finish the interview. And the next day after interview, I got hired.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sobeys in November 2013.

Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sobeys in November 2013.

Submit my resume through linkedin . Had not got response for 3 month . Got interview notification suddenly and ask me to go their office the next day. First talk with hr manage and then department manage was asked to come in and talked for a while. Just talk interview with manager and human resource manager directly. and then after 1 weeks, got the offer.

Cashier Interview

Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Was first contacted by HR person, briefly asked about past experiences. Then went to 2nd interview with managers

Interview Questions
    • just talking about the experiences on the resume, but I've done a detailed research   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Applied online and got a response 2 days after for a group interview. Half of the group was sent on a tour of the grocery store while the rest participated in interactive behavioral sessions and vice versa.

Interactive session varies based on the scenario given to you. They consisted of selling an item of your choice, suggesting a meal out of certain food items given to you and behavioral scenarios. Would call back 2 days later to assess your progress. Manager commented on the answers, what should be done and reality of things. You also need to fill in your availability again and they will evaluate your answers. They may ask about your experiences too.

Interview Questions
    • You are a cashier and it is a busy day. There are 6 customers in line and one hastily rushes in at the front of the line with 3 items, begging you to process the transactions quickly. What will you do?   View Answer

Worked for Sobeys? Contribute to the Community!