Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.1

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in October 2009.

Excellent interview process. very professional individuals. First phone interview with recruiter, then 1st interview with HR and future director. Next and final interview with director and future VP.

Interview Questions
    • how many stores does sobeys have. when was the first one opened   View Answer
    i was able to negotiate 5000 more than the asking plus signing bonus. I would tell anyone thinking of working there that it is a great place to work

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in September 2011.

I was headhunted by HR and did not officially apply for the role. We had an phone conversation and she was very friendly and conversational. After finding out more about the position, we set up a meeting with the hiring manager.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager, HR and an HR intern. The feel was very casual and it was more a conversation than it was an interview. I talked about my background and experience, I can't remember any pointed questions. It was interesting (perhaps unprofessional a little) that in my questions and answers, it was commented that no one else had answered this way, and no other candidate had so many questions.

I knew someone in the team already and seemed like the expectation in the interview did not match up with actual experience. In the end, I did not meet with a second time, even though they were pushing me to as I was not ready to my current position. I was comfortable with HR to discuss options and my feelings however, despite her friendliness, after I told them of my decision not to proceed, I heard nothing else from them or the hiring manager.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sobeys in March 2012.

quick, friendly and fair and very informative. outlined job duties and expectations.

Shipper Receiver, Forklift, Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sobeys.

Typical questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Anything to do with experience where the "correct" answer would have been ratting out a fellow worker.   Answer Question
    Wasn't one. Union shop.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in September 2011.

I went in for two interviews - one with 2 of their recruiters, and a 2nd with their manager.
    After the first I more or less had the job. The 2nd was like for a final confirmation. After the 2nd, I was made the offer on the spot and had lunch in the head office cafe with the recruiters. That was a first for me. The culture is very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to outline the steps in recruitment - luckily it was still fresh from school   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Was first contacted by HR person, briefly asked about past experiences. Then went to 2nd interview with managers

Interview Questions
    • just talking about the experiences on the resume, but I've done a detailed research   Answer Question

Category Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys in December 2013.

I applied online and through a recruiter it took 2 weeks, I got a phone call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions like, my salary expectation, availability technical skill sets. This took 10 minutes, he then said they will get back to me; five days later, on Friday at 3pm I got an email scheduling me for an appoint for Monday morning. (Thank God for Smartphones and the fact that I check my email every 30minutes). I met with the director and an HR lady who explain the position and then asked me questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    1. What application do you know how to use?
    2. What can you do in excel and what function are you familiar with.
    3. How do you manage your schedule to stay on top of things?
    4. How do your skill set and past experience qualify you for this position?
    5. What is your strength and weakness?
    6. Tell me a time where you have use communication skills to resolve the problem.
    7. Why do you want to work for us?
    8. What is your goal i.e. Where do see yourself in 5 years.
    9. Rate your skill set from 1-5.

Two days later at 5:30pm I got a call for a second interview with the actual hiring manager that I it would be working with. This was very similar to the first interview, it's more to get a feel of your personality. The next day I was made an offer. (If you are applying for a job with Sobeys make sure you check your email and junk email at all times and answer every call after business hours.

Interview Questions
    • What step do you take to prove your value when hire.
      what step do you take when you miss a deadline
        View Answer
    The offer was fair so there was no need to ask for more.

Assistant Seafood Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in March 2010.

I had 2 interviews and both were a great experience. The first one was by the department manager 2nd was store manager. Very nice people made me feel relaxed and at ease

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any really difficult questions except why should they hire me.. Hard to answer as to not look to high and mighty.   Answer Question
    make sure you know how many hours you will be getting and if it is on contract.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys in August 2014.

received a call, told i was invited a to a group interview with the administrative manager and produce manager. Did an Ice-breaker, picked stuff from the flyer and acted out a role. not a typical job interview

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in April 2012.

I was offered an interview over the phone as an initial screening process. Following this, the HR team invited me to their offices to pursue the interview process. The interviewers were very kind, but interrogative.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose a fruit to symbolize your personality, which would you choose?   Answer Question