Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.0

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

Walked in and provided my resume to the store manager. I was called and offered an interview. When I arrived for the interview it seemed as if I had already received the job and I was there for training.

Clerk Interview

Interview

very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Cashier Interview

Interview

Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Meat Clerk Interview

Interview

It is very simple behavior-based questions. For example, give me a example in which you showed a good customer service experience and how did you greet customers and provided good service. It only took me 15 minutes to finish the interview. And the next day after interview, I got hired.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very quick. my employer was very nice, joking around, yet straight to the point.

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy,normal questions about customer service,how you handle a difficult customer,one interview with store manager and front end manager.they were talking about their expectations and I was supposed to give my opinion about what they were asking

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

taken int office and asked about experience, what I was able and willing to do within the job parameters, availability and if I was in school. I finished the interview and went home and waited for a call. Was called back and I started the following week. The interview was no hassle at all and it was to the point. Once I began work I was trained wonderfully and I went on from there.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked any behavioral/personality questions that most people ask nowadays. It was direct questioning and explanation of the job. A very good interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. Begin at minimum and work yourself up

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was a joke, I had previous experience in the industry and I pretty much got hired without any questions. Just had to say I had experience and look good.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service working part of a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you start at minimum wage and get small nickle and dime raises after hundreds of hours of work. If you want the job, take it, otherwise don't.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sobeys in May 2007.

Interview

I saw a ad in the paper in need of someone for produce and had previously been with Safeway so I had experiences. I then went in with my resume and meet the manager of the store as the produce manager wasn't in, and was basically asked about my experience and such with safeway and how it would relate to this job. I then got told to come back the next morning to talk to the produce manager who just basically got to know me and then asked how much I was looking for, and then he hired me.

Interview Questions

• were did you work before, and how does it relate to this position?   Answer Question