Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.1

Grocery Clerk Interview

Walked in and provided my resume to the store manager. I was called and offered an interview. When I arrived for the interview it seemed as if I had already received the job and I was there for training.

Cashier Interview

Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Meat Clerk Interview

It is very simple behavior-based questions. For example, give me a example in which you showed a good customer service experience and how did you greet customers and provided good service. It only took me 15 minutes to finish the interview. And the next day after interview, I got hired.

Clerk Interview

very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in November 2012.

I submitted an application, got a call in a week or so from the Meat Manager, scheduled an "interview". He basically asked if I would be grossed out or unable to work in cold areas, if I could lift and move stuff around, etc. Nothing related to me personally, just my abilities.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys in November 2013.

Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sobeys.

taken int office and asked about experience, what I was able and willing to do within the job parameters, availability and if I was in school. I finished the interview and went home and waited for a call. Was called back and I started the following week. The interview was no hassle at all and it was to the point. Once I began work I was trained wonderfully and I went on from there.

Interview Questions
    • I was never asked any behavioral/personality questions that most people ask nowadays. It was direct questioning and explanation of the job. A very good interview.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. Begin at minimum and work yourself up

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sobeys in July 2012.

Was very quick. my employer was very nice, joking around, yet straight to the point.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys.

I applied to Sobey's and was called about a week later, i had a brief phone interview and was told to come in for a "interactive" group interview. The interactive interview has three parts. The first part was to pick any item in the store and sell the product to the interviewer. second part was answering scenario questions, third was to look through a Sobey's flyer and plan a meal by circling the items you would use to create the meal. I received a call from the department manager two days later and was given the job. I had to wait three weeks until orientation. The interview was sooo easy there is no need to stress at all :) However, they will do a criminal record check on you.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in December 2010.

I thought my interview was pretty good. The manager from HR was following up with me few times before I got my offer. Yes. She was following up with me! It was pleasant experience from the beginnng to the end. It was my best interview ever.

Interview Questions
    I basically know the industrilal salary range for the kind of job I do, so I was offered the mid level of the salary range I provided.