Sobeys

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.1

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in October 2013.

Came into the interview in casual attire - everyone in the interview room was probably twice my age. Once in, the manager didn't expect many people to come (probably because me and some other girl came without the manager knowing).

So first, the manager and Deli manager went around the "group" and asked us about ourselves and what we did. People in the group had business degrees, previous experience (in short, I was the only person who had NO experience whatsoever).

All I remember is the manager asking random people questions like "what would you do if an employee stole" or "what if there is a long line up and customers are getting frustrated" and basically whenever I answered, the Deli manager always nodded her head.

After the interview, we were told that we would get a call back and lol I got a call back within 4 hours of the interview.

Training began a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a long line-up of customers and no one was able to help you at that time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Brought in application to customer service. Waited a few days, then decided to call in to ask about my application status. Talked to the manager and we set up an interview. Interview was easy, basic questions like "Tell me about yourself".

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Was first contacted by HR person, briefly asked about past experiences. Then went to 2nd interview with managers

Interview Questions
    • just talking about the experiences on the resume, but I've done a detailed research   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sobeys in August 2013.

Applied online and got a response 2 days after for a group interview. Half of the group was sent on a tour of the grocery store while the rest participated in interactive behavioral sessions and vice versa.

Interactive session varies based on the scenario given to you. They consisted of selling an item of your choice, suggesting a meal out of certain food items given to you and behavioral scenarios. Would call back 2 days later to assess your progress. Manager commented on the answers, what should be done and reality of things. You also need to fill in your availability again and they will evaluate your answers. They may ask about your experiences too.

Interview Questions
    • You are a cashier and it is a busy day. There are 6 customers in line and one hastily rushes in at the front of the line with 3 items, begging you to process the transactions quickly. What will you do?   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys.

Group interview. consisted of about 6-10 people. handed all of us that weeks flyer and ask us to come up with a meal under 20$..... honestly... stupid questions. They were not professional.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sobeys.

taken int office and asked about experience, what I was able and willing to do within the job parameters, availability and if I was in school. I finished the interview and went home and waited for a call. Was called back and I started the following week. The interview was no hassle at all and it was to the point. Once I began work I was trained wonderfully and I went on from there.

Interview Questions
    • I was never asked any behavioral/personality questions that most people ask nowadays. It was direct questioning and explanation of the job. A very good interview.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. Begin at minimum and work yourself up

Shipper Receiver, Forklift, Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sobeys.

Typical questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Anything to do with experience where the "correct" answer would have been ratting out a fellow worker.   Answer Question
    Wasn't one. Union shop.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Walked in and provided my resume to the store manager. I was called and offered an interview. When I arrived for the interview it seemed as if I had already received the job and I was there for training.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sobeys.

they lie to you about the hours. this includes the times you will work and how many hours you will work.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in November 2012.

I submitted an application, got a call in a week or so from the Meat Manager, scheduled an "interview". He basically asked if I would be grossed out or unable to work in cold areas, if I could lift and move stuff around, etc. Nothing related to me personally, just my abilities.