Sobeys Produce Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

1.3

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sobeys (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was prepared for a full interview, with lots of questions about who I am and what I could bring to the company. I was disappointed to find out that they were only meeting with the people who applied so that they could decide who they were interested in most for the follow up interview. They explained what they job was, and their responsibilities. Then questioned about my work experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous work experience? Do you have any questions for us? Those were the only two questions asked.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sobeys

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sobeys (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied In-person Interview Process Either a group interview or an one on one. Applicants general reviewed by department managers. Discuss which department you would like to work in and best fit. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. (Good ice breaking activity) This was chance for me to show my character. On one one Process Ask general interview questions to gain a wide understanding of you. If liked should receive the job on the spot or the next day.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sobeys (Wetaskiwin, AB (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very quick. my employer was very nice, joking around, yet straight to the point.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was a joke, I had previous experience in the industry and I pretty much got hired without any questions. Just had to say I had experience and look good.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service working part of a team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you start at minimum wage and get small nickle and dime raises after hundreds of hours of work. If you want the job, take it, otherwise don't.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

Resume submitted Called in within 3 days for interview Offered the job within 3 days Very quick and effective, not left waiting for a response for too long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unionized, no negotiating

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sobeys in May 2007.

Interview

I saw a ad in the paper in need of someone for produce and had previously been with Safeway so I had experiences. I then went in with my resume and meet the manager of the store as the produce manager wasn't in, and was basically asked about my experience and such with safeway and how it would relate to this job. I then got told to come back the next morning to talk to the produce manager who just basically got to know me and then asked how much I was looking for, and then he hired me.

Interview Questions

• were did you work before, and how does it relate to this position?   Answer Question