Sobeys Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Orangeville, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I was brought up to the office upstairs and met with the assistant manager. It was basically about who I was as a person, my hobbies, why I wanted to work here, hours I could work and if I had any other commitments. Really all you have to do is fit their schedule needs, look responsible and speak good english.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a person?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sobeys (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I took 2 hours for interview there were many rounds like 1. role play in this HR played role of customer and interviewee as cashier or employee, 2. sell product in market etc they gave me butter pack and asked to sell it. 3. to prepare lunch menu including everything overall motive was to check communication skills and how easily one can tackle the customer if he got stuck.Although it was fun.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied In-person Interview Process Either a group interview or an one on one. Applicants general reviewed by department managers. Discuss which department you would like to work in and best fit. They'll also ask general questions to get a feel of who you are. I Had to role play given situations. (Good ice breaking activity) This was chance for me to show my character. On one one Process Ask general interview questions to gain a wide understanding of you. If liked should receive the job on the spot or the next day.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very informal and casual, quite pleasant and conversational. Interviewer was at director level. Interviewer seemed unprepared and overworked, which indicated a need for more hands on deck. Let me feeling that I had a role to play, and that they needed me more than I needed them.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

received a call, told i was invited a to a group interview with the administrative manager and produce manager. Did an Ice-breaker, picked stuff from the flyer and acted out a role. not a typical job interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

normal questioning with normal stress level. waiting a week between each interview and met with mgr and director. they were nice and didn't seem mean in the 1st interview but was mean in the interview and felt i didn't get it because of that.

Category Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and through a recruiter it took 2 weeks, I got a phone call from a recruiter who asked me basic questions like, my salary expectation, availability technical skill sets. This took 10 minutes, he then said they will get back to me; five days later, on Friday at 3pm I got an email scheduling me for an appoint for Monday morning. (Thank God for Smartphones and the fact that I check my email every 30minutes). I met with the director and an HR lady who explain the position and then asked me questions: 1. Tell me about yourself. 1. What application do you know how to use? 2. What can you do in excel and what function are you familiar with. 3. How do you manage your schedule to stay on top of things? 4. How do your skill set and past experience qualify you for this position? 5. What is your strength and weakness? 6. Tell me a time where you have use communication skills to resolve the problem. 7. Why do you want to work for us? 8. What is your goal i.e. Where do see yourself in 5 years. 9. Rate your skill set from 1-5. Two days later at 5:30pm I got a call for a second interview with the actual hiring manager that I it would be working with. This was very similar to the first interview, it's more to get a feel of your personality. The next day I was made an offer. (If you are applying for a job with Sobeys make sure you check your email and junk email at all times and answer every call after business hours.

Interview Questions

• What step do you take to prove your value when hire. what step do you take when you miss a deadline   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fair so there was no need to ask for more.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview for Sobeys in their staff room. Very strange interview, it was broken into 3 parts, all mainly roll playing. One of the rolls was teaming up with another applicant, going through the weeks flyer and planning a meal...disaster. It would have been better if we could do the menu individually...and if the group interview didn't have almost 20 people. Many people didn't even have a chance to be seen or heard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult....not your normal interview process.   Answer Question

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy,normal questions about customer service,how you handle a difficult customer,one interview with store manager and front end manager.they were talking about their expectations and I was supposed to give my opinion about what they were asking

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a response 2 days after for a group interview. Half of the group was sent on a tour of the grocery store while the rest participated in interactive behavioral sessions and vice versa. Interactive session varies based on the scenario given to you. They consisted of selling an item of your choice, suggesting a meal out of certain food items given to you and behavioral scenarios. Would call back 2 days later to assess your progress. Manager commented on the answers, what should be done and reality of things. You also need to fill in your availability again and they will evaluate your answers. They may ask about your experiences too.

Interview Questions

• You are a cashier and it is a busy day. There are 6 customers in line and one hastily rushes in at the front of the line with 3 items, begging you to process the transactions quickly. What will you do?   1 Answer