Socalgas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Region Associate Engineer Interview

Region Associate Engineer
Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a hiring panel of three managers from different departments. It was a bit of a cattle call with a number of candidates filing through. There were two sets of interviews going on with different hiring panels. I got the sense that they interview many candidates regularly and if a manager is interested they will select that person. It is like an audition. It was as if the hiring managers didn't pre-screen the applications. The questions were not technical. They asked a lot of "what if" questions. They focused on situational questions.

I was disappointed that I didn't get an offer. One of the hiring managers kept making comments about how well I could fit into his work group.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake or failure you've had on a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Associate Regional Engineer Interview

Associate Regional Engineer
Pico Rivera, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Socalgas in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was first introduced and interviewed by the leading manager of the department. A short run down of the day to day operations followed by the roles and responsibilities of the job. The interview simply consisted of a bunch of question that test on ethics, work ethic, team building, and personality. After that, a tour of their facility and laboratory.

Interview Question – Give an example where you tried your best and still failed. How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Socalgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Socalgas Associate Regional Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Socalgas employees and interview candidates.