Socalgas

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Region Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Socalgas.

The interview consisted of a hiring panel of three managers from different departments. It was a bit of a cattle call with a number of candidates filing through. There were two sets of interviews going on with different hiring panels. I got the sense that they interview many candidates regularly and if a manager is interested they will select that person. It is like an audition. It was as if the hiring managers didn't pre-screen the applications. The questions were not technical. They asked a lot of "what if" questions. They focused on situational questions.

I was disappointed that I didn't get an offer. One of the hiring managers kept making comments about how well I could fit into his work group.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest mistake or failure you've had on a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Socalgas

Associate Regional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Socalgas in December 2009.

I was first introduced and interviewed by the leading manager of the department. A short run down of the day to day operations followed by the roles and responsibilities of the job. The interview simply consisted of a bunch of question that test on ethics, work ethic, team building, and personality. After that, a tour of their facility and laboratory.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you tried your best and still failed. How did you deal with that?   Answer Question