Socalgas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Region Associate Engineer Interview

Region Associate Engineer
Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a hiring panel of three managers from different departments. It was a bit of a cattle call with a number of candidates filing through. There were two sets of interviews going on with different hiring panels. I got the sense that they interview many candidates regularly and if a manager is interested they will select that person. It is like an audition. It was as if the hiring managers didn't pre-screen the applications. The questions were not technical. They asked a lot of "what if" questions. They focused on situational questions.

I was disappointed that I didn't get an offer. One of the hiring managers kept making comments about how well I could fit into his work group.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake or failure you've had on a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Pico Rivera, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Socalgas in April 2014.

Interview Details – Three person panel asking various questions because leadership and "what if" situations. No technical questions. The interviews are very nice. Each interviewer represent his/her department within Socalgas. Overall, it was a simple interview, I did not get selected.

Interview Question – Questions are simple   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Socalgas in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submit Resume through recruiter. Follow up telephone screening. Asked to fill out application online. After application was submitted I was contacted through e-mail to take an online personality assessment. After assessment I was contacted to set up an in person interview at their headquarters to a panel of 3 people. I was instructed to create powerpoint presentation. Interview consisted of questions based on material presented plus 3 HR questions.

Interview Question – Situation where you had to do something strange, how did you approach the situation   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Rotation Program Interview

Financial Rotation Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Socalgas in November 2013.

Interview Details – I wen to an info session and then got an interview in November. There was just one interview, zero technical questions. Everyone was very nice. Asked about my experiences on my resume and what I learned from them. They asked pretty standard HR questions. They took awhile to get back to me.

Intern Interview

Intern
Downey, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Socalgas.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a college recruiter being interested in your resume, passing it along to hiring managers that may or may not call you based on your qualifications. Most likely, you resume enters the employment system at SoCal Gas where, as positions become available, various hiring managers will find your resume and call you in for an interview. First step is an online personality test. In-person interview was a group/panel setting and questions asked were all behavioral question: focus on team building, toughest challenge, leadership ability.

Interview Question – Questions asked were relatively of the same difficulty level - no real standouts   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Socalgas in April 2012.

Interview Details – Referred to work as an intern through a mutual friend. The interview was comprehensive and detailed with many questions about why I was qualified to work considering I had no previous job experience. After the interview process, I had to talk extensively with HR to make sure I met all qualification and made sure I had all the information I would need sent to me prior to my first day.

Interview Question – Without any previous work experience, how will we know that you will deliver for our company?   Answer Question

Rotational Associate Engineer Interview

Rotational Associate Engineer
Redlands, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Socalgas in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was a standard interview for an associate engineer. Do not expect very technical questions as is the common practice for all associate engineering interviews that are not EEs or CompSci. However, that does not mean you can't somehow work your technical knowledge into the discussion (did this couple times). The interviewers were mostly impressed with my management and leadership skills I showed in my senior design project. My belief is interviewers want someone who will be amicable to work with and have shown leadership skills. These two qualities are more important than a GPA. Go into the interview confident of your skills, but not overconfident. The interviewers told me that their main problem with new hires is the cockiness they display and their lack of respect for experience. Show that you have a desire to work for them (any employer) and always show respect for those who you will work for and beside (they often have more experience than you).

Interview Question – Describe your experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Internship Interview

Process Engineering Internship
Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Socalgas in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received an interview for an internship with Socalgas. I arrived and was greeted by the person I had previously spoken to and one other person. The interview was about 45 minutes to an hour and consisted of questions about my resume and standard behavioral questions. The interview went well and they told me they were just waiting for the position to be rejustified. After several inconclusive back and forth emails, contact with the company stopped.

Interview Question – What was a time you were in a conflict with a superior and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Rotational Program for Associate Engineer Interview

Rotational Program for Associate Engineer
Northridge, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Socalgas in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had my group panel interview in early April. The questions had nothing to do with engineering and were more situational and personality questions. The people didnt seem interested from the being evn though i had a 3.5 gpa and had applicable internship experience. They did not pay attention to my responses and the hr people there are really fake and unprofessional. I emailed the hr department to get an estimate of a timeline of when canadiates would be informed of there choice but to my surprise they did not respond and after a month and half i recieved a rejection email. Overall the interviewers were rude and the HR department completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to explain technical material to a non technical audience.   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time when you needed to select a piece of equipment and what you did to compare multiple choices.   Answer Question

Associate Regional Engineer Interview

Associate Regional Engineer
Pico Rivera, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Socalgas in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was first introduced and interviewed by the leading manager of the department. A short run down of the day to day operations followed by the roles and responsibilities of the job. The interview simply consisted of a bunch of question that test on ethics, work ethic, team building, and personality. After that, a tour of their facility and laboratory.

Interview Question – Give an example where you tried your best and still failed. How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Socalgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Socalgas interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Socalgas employees and interview candidates.