1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Rotational Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Socalgas in April 2011.

Interview was a standard interview for an associate engineer. Do not expect very technical questions as is the common practice for all associate engineering interviews that are not EEs or CompSci. However, that does not mean you can't somehow work your technical knowledge into the discussion (did this couple times). The interviewers were mostly impressed with my management and leadership skills I showed in my senior design project. My belief is interviewers want someone who will be amicable to work with and have shown leadership skills. These two qualities are more important than a GPA. Go into the interview confident of your skills, but not overconfident. The interviewers told me that their main problem with new hires is the cockiness they display and their lack of respect for experience. Show that you have a desire to work for them (any employer) and always show respect for those who you will work for and beside (they often have more experience than you).

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question