Société Générale

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Société Générale

Phone interview, several rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in September 2013.

Phone interview after online application. Met the team in one day, back to back interviews at the company's office. Mostly fit questions, technicals only from one team member, but all in kind spirit.

Fixed term contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2012.

2 technical interviews
    1 business case about an acquisition
    1 numerical test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

The ad for this internship came on the school intranet. After sending my resume at the given email id, I got call from HR next day and scheduled the first interview with HR.

I had to wait for 2 more days after this, and got further interviews scheduled with the associates and VPs from the team (in total 3 interviews).

After these 3 interviews, I waited for 2 more weeks and had 3 more interviews with MDs and team leader. For the final 3 interviews, I was told that they have to decide between 2 candidates. So in total 7 interviews over the span of 1 month and was awarded the offer.

HR asked some basic competency questions. Associates & VPs were checking technical knowledge, mainly focusing on the bond maths. MDs and team head asked fit questions and current affairs.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews took place in summers of 2010 when Greece had already asked for its bail out and the next one could be Spain, Ireland, Italy or Portugal. VP asked me which country do I think will falter next and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale.

various questions on vanilla and exotic options

Interview Questions
    like at the flea market, HR very aggressive - no room for any negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belgrade (Serbia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

My interview for the internship was were easygoing and straithforward. I had a chat with the MD and then he asked me to walk him trough my resume. Then he asked me why Societe Generale and why I sought a position within particularly retirement fund

Interview Questions
    • There were not unexpected or difficult questions (internship).   Answer Question
    Since it was an internship there were no negotiation because it was an unpaid type of internship.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2008.

The process consisted of 2 rounds of interview. Both were 2:1 interviews. Basic behavioral questions were asked and the typical personality and resume questions

Interview Questions
    • Why not pursue grad school with a liberal arts degree and your research experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!