Société Générale

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

Interview Question – calculate sqrt(10) manually   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Interviewed at Société Générale

Interview Details – Phone interview, several rounds

Interview Question – Explain the shape of volatility smile   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 technical interviews
1 business case about an acquisition
1 numerical test

Interview Question – business case   View Answer

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

Interview Details – The ad for this internship came on the school intranet. After sending my resume at the given email id, I got call from HR next day and scheduled the first interview with HR.

I had to wait for 2 more days after this, and got further interviews scheduled with the associates and VPs from the team (in total 3 interviews).

After these 3 interviews, I waited for 2 more weeks and had 3 more interviews with MDs and team leader. For the final 3 interviews, I was told that they have to decide between 2 candidates. So in total 7 interviews over the span of 1 month and was awarded the offer.

HR asked some basic competency questions. Associates & VPs were checking technical knowledge, mainly focusing on the bond maths. MDs and team head asked fit questions and current affairs.

Interview Question – The interviews took place in summers of 2010 when Greece had already asked for its bail out and the next one could be Spain, Ireland, Italy or Portugal. VP asked me which country do I think will falter next and why?   Answer Question

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview Details – various questions on vanilla and exotic options

Interview Question – price of an option with an infinite maturity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – like at the flea market, HR very aggressive - no room for any negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

Interview Details – My interview for the internship was were easygoing and straithforward. I had a chat with the MD and then he asked me to walk him trough my resume. Then he asked me why Societe Generale and why I sought a position within particularly retirement fund

Interview Question – There were not unexpected or difficult questions (internship).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was an internship there were no negotiation because it was an unpaid type of internship.

Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Société Générale in March 2008.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 2 rounds of interview. Both were 2:1 interviews. Basic behavioral questions were asked and the typical personality and resume questions

Interview Question – Why not pursue grad school with a liberal arts degree and your research experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Société Générale

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Société Générale employees and interview candidates.