Société Générale

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

Junior Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Société Générale.

The interview process was rather unexpected since I had an appointment with the desk manager, but had three interviews in a row with 4 different people from this desk. So that even if it was quite unexpected, was rather efficient. The only remaining interview that I could not do on this day was the psychological test. The desk manager was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed. The interviews with the traders were precise and quite complete with technical questions as well as questions about me. Since the work hours are very long, they emphasize the fact that thepeople at the desk should get on well with each other.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers, who was not the one I had an appointement with, asked me at the end of the interview what his name was.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Société Générale.

I was selected to interview after submitting my resume through a school-sponsored database. I attended their super day over the phone because I couldn't fly out at the time (Snowpocalypse '14). I only had two interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. The first was more of a judge of fit (why do I want to work here, what do I think I'd be doing for them, etc.) and the second picked at my qualifications to be a good legal intern (how do I think I'm qualified for this position). They got back to me in about a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're qualified for the job?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved

Vice President - Sourcing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

At all levels SG is an unprofessional company. The recruiter was most reprehensible, demonstrating pure contempt towards organization and potential candidates. Each American Sourcing and HR Manager that I met expressed blatant disdain for the French parent arm. I received verbal and email confirmation that the package offer would be delivered within xx hours/days. All of this was than retracted and next the recruiter became abusive when I requested clarification. This is a sorry excuse for a business - I have never met such a collective group of miserable people.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Middleware Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Questions
    Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Product Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter, and went thru 3 round interviews. But the position at the final round seemed different from what I was told at the beginning. Mainly technical VBA questions, plus some basic questions about the financial market and derivatives. The final round is mostly behavioral, like what is your interest, what is your favorite position if you can choose.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult in the technical part, but as a foreigner, the behavioral questions are all difficult for me.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2014.

Behavioral questions and easy technical questions, not very hard. But final did not get the offer.

Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in January 2014.

Received an email from a recruiter who asked me to interview at the office. I sat down with two directors for about 30mins (the office floor looks great by the way). It was a pretty easy-going interview and I was asked very standard questions. I was told the specifics of the position and its day-to-day operations.