Société Générale

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale.

Back to back 3 interviews
    - First for business knowledge 1/2 an hour
    - Second technical interview 1 hour
    - Third with the manager mostly behavioral interview, questions about handling pressure, communication with the clients, troubleshooting techniques.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, straight forward questions regarding .NET framework development.   Answer Question
    If they need you they will hire you

Financial Engineer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Société Générale in May 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting system, got Interviewed 5 times, and 1 on-site interview at SG's trading floor. All technical questions on options, exotics, hybrids, some vba programmings, probability brain teaser, interest rate models, correlation related questions, stochastic models...

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. But if well prepared, it won't be too crazy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2013.

Got interview from college alumnus referral. First one phone about 30 mins. Then two onsite interviews. The first one was pure technical which lasted 2 hours. The last on side interview was only about half an hour meeting only one person. A lot of VBA and options questions.

non negotiable

Middleware Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, I completely forgot my experiences. I decided to take a look at the job. I agreed to the phone interview which i agreed. The decided to bring me in for a face to face. I fly from Florida to Jersey City. Once I got there and found out that I was black, it was like I should not be there. The most racist interview in my life. I was told that I was not Jewish.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview was fairly reasonable. Nothing too bad, generally the expected questions.

Interview Questions
    Don't negotiate a summer internship, dummy

Commodities Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2013.

Applied via LinkedIn and got an invite to interview over the phone. I was asked several typical behavioral questions, such as: walk me through your resume, tell us how your skills from college coursework can be applied to this position, why do you want to move to NYC, what are your hobbies, and so on. Then the interviewer asked some more finance-specific questions, such as: what are options, tell me about the current trends in the marketplace, why commodities, etc. Most of the interview was very informal and conversational, and I was clicking very well with the interviewer throughout the discussion. At the end, some other woman chimes in to say thanks for the call, so they sneakily had me on speaker phone, and it was ultimately the woman who only spoke to say "bye" that gave me the rejection email.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in February 2014.

Behavioral questions and easy technical questions, not very hard. But final did not get the offer.

Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in January 2014.

Received an email from a recruiter who asked me to interview at the office. I sat down with two directors for about 30mins (the office floor looks great by the way). It was a pretty easy-going interview and I was asked very standard questions. I was told the specifics of the position and its day-to-day operations.

Front Office Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Société Générale in December 2013.

A recruiting firm / head hunter reached out to me with three potential positions that they wanted me to try out for with Soc Gen. Commodities, Equity Derivatives, and ABS.

The whole process took two phone calls before receiving an offer from the bank.

The first phone call was with a direct manager, he asked simple questions about what I currently do, what environments I work in, and then a couple things about derivatives.

The second phone call was a lot more personal / cultural. He briefly asked what it was that I worked on, some programming knowledge as well as certain opinions on programming environments, and derivatives knowledge, then we went back and forth discussing the 'mission' of the group. Bottom line, I was able to connect what I was working on presently to what they would have me working on.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult: What are the variables in the black scholes formula?
      Unexpected: How will you leave your current position?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase done by me. The headhunter/recruiter did all of that legwork.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Société Générale in June 2009.

Back in the day it was a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult at that time.   View Answer
    There was none.

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!