Société Générale

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2012.

Sent in an online application. Was interviewed with HR recruiter that screened interests and aligned me with appropriate department interviewer. Interviewed with an executive. He loved me. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Accepted what was given. Interns shouldn't be trying to weasel a few more bucks without proving their worth.

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in December 2011.

there is a lot of intern in france who are applying all the time on the socgen website, so the competition is hard and the interviews are quite difficult.

Interview Questions
    • what is the vega sensitivity of a best of call?   View Answer
    no negotiation, it was an internship

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in October 2010.

First you will get a phone call regarding your interest in the current job profile. if you are interested they would arrange a telephonic interview according to your convenience time. Once they believe that you have potential they they will call you for technical written test. if you get through that panel would interview which generally goes for 1 to 2 hours. thereafter you will have your managerial round and then HR round.

Interview Questions
    Salary. it depends a lot upon how panel have rated you .

IT Project Manager Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in February 2009.

It was an internal interview as i have been promoted inside the group.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question it was about my personal life. Why did i return to Romania after 6 years of Singapore.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in June 2011.

First interview with two seniors, standard questions, then given a programming written test + proofreading test for total 30mins.
    Position was not what I applied and I was not informed beforehand.
    Quite surprising I was contacted first time directly by line manager but not HR, while mentioned HR interview would be scheduled if application proceeds further.
    Nice people and office, superb location.
    Total interview duration including 30mins written tests around 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Did you lose your interest or expectation of this position after we have briefly introduced about the role as its not what you have applied?   Answer Question

Directeur de projet Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2009.

Très bien, la personne faisant passer les entretiens était le chef du département.

It was very good, as the person taking interview was the head of the Unit

Interview Questions
    • Gestion de projet, tous domaines de connaissances.   Project Management all knowledge areas   Answer Question
    • ICP pour la Mesure de la Qualité des Livraisons   KPIs for Delivery Quality Measurement   Answer Question
    Très peu de négociation.

Stagiaire Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2010.

L'offre de stage avait été publiée sur l'intranet de mon école. Après avoir envoyé mon CV à l'adresse mail qui était mentionnée, j'ai reçu un appel des ressources humaines le jour suivant et nous avons fixé mon premier entretien avec les RH.

J'ai dû attendre 2 jours supplémentaires après cela, et j'ai eu de nouveaux entretiens de programmés avec les associés et les vice-présidents de l'équipe (au total 3 entretiens).

Après ces 3 entretiens, j'ai attendu 2 semaines supplémentaires et j'ai eu 3 autres entretiens avec les directeurs généraux et le chef d'équipe. Pour les 3 derniers entretiens, on m'a dit qu'ils devaient choisir entre 2 candidats. Donc au total 7 entretiens en l'espace d'1 mois et on m'a donné le poste.

Les ressources humaines m'ont posé quelques questions basiques sur mes compétences. Les associés et les vice-présidents ont vérifié mes connaissances techniques, en se focalisant sur les mathématiques financières. Les directeurs généraux et le chef d'équipe se sont chargés de savoir si je correspondais bien au poste et m'ont parlé des affaires courantes.

The ad for this internship came on the school intranet. After sending my resume at the given email id, I got call from HR next day and scheduled the first interview with HR.

I had to wait for 2 more days after this, and got further interviews scheduled with the associates and VPs from the team (in total 3 interviews).

After these 3 interviews, I waited for 2 more weeks and had 3 more interviews with MDs and team leader. For the final 3 interviews, I was told that they have to decide between 2 candidates. So in total 7 interviews over the span of 1 month and was awarded the offer.

HR asked some basic competency questions. Associates & VPs were checking technical knowledge, mainly focusing on the bond maths. MDs and team head asked fit questions and current affairs.

Interview Questions
    • Les entretiens se sont déroulés en été 2010 lorsque la Grèce avait annoncé avoir fait faillite et qu'on craignait que les prochains pays soient l'Espagne, l'Irlande, l'Italie ou le Portugal. Le vice-président m'a demandé quel serait le prochain pays à fai   The interviews took place in summers of 2010 when Greece had already asked for its bail out and the next one could be Spain, Ireland, Italy or Portugal. VP asked me which country do I think will falter next and why?   Answer Question

Stagiaire Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in November 2012.

Deux entretiens techniques

Une étude de cas sur une acquisition

Un test numérique

2 technical interviews
    1 business case about an acquisition
    1 numerical test

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2009.

Not much anybody with exposure to banking can be hired. Know basics of banking and the project one has worked on. Show bit on project management and communication and you are sure shot for HR round. It is a slow paced company so do not expect much on day to day work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in January 2010.

I have recieved an offer from SG. Would be reviewing it before accepting.