Société Générale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

what is a call / put Option. Draw it
    VBA knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Very stressful interview. The interviews want to know your limit knowledge   Answer Question

Middle Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Société Générale (London, England (UK)).

Interview

CV and application screening, online tests with SHL, competency based interview
    - What motivated you about this program ?
    - Tell me about a time you faced a difficult decision

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

There are two round interview. The first one is on campus, and the second one is in the office in NYC.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer open the conversation with habits (soccer in my case)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting for the second round

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

Two rounds-- first round on campus (behavioral + market questions); final round on site (gain two rounds, one behavioral and one technical)

Front Office Quant Interview

Interview

Questions mainly focus on time series, stochastic calculus, black-scholes. Also ask some programming questions. They use VBA a lot. One guy trading vol asked some volatility smile question.

Interview Questions

• As a student without work experience I couldn't come up with answers to all the questions. But I guess they understood that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Société Générale (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Started with first F2F interview, asked me if I have worked on Web Applications/Web Services. I think the interviewer didn't look at the profile as I am working on windows application only.

Interview Questions

• I have worked on windows application throughout and was asked if worked on web applications   1 Answer

Trader Assistant Interview

Interview

Morstly VBA questions (Option base 1, 0, how to do classes)

too far from home

Equity Structuring Interview

Interview

What is the delta of an ATM option?
    What will happen to the price of the option if there is an increase in interest rates?

Interview Questions

• What is the price of an option if the volatility tends towards infinity? And what if the expiry date tends towards infinity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, several rounds

Trader Interview

Interview

After initial phone screening, was invited on-site for a few hours. Met with all people in the team to discuss qualifications and for brainteasers

Interview Questions

• Market questions, brainteasers on dice and cards, etc. the usual   Answer Question