Société Générale

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

Assistant Chef de Projet Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puteaux (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puteaux (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

J'ai d'abord eu un entretien RH téléphonique. Suite à cet entretien, j'ai effectué une demi-journée de recrutement, avec 2 entretients. Un premiers avec 2 Chefs de Projet, et suite à une pré-sélection des candidats, j'ai eu un deuxième entretien avec un manager.

Interview Questions
    • Mise en situation: Que feriez vous si lors d'une présentation d'une application informatique, celle-ci ne fonctionné pas?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Société Générale in January 2013.

It was difficult .. not so easy as expected..Its a big organisation but it depends on which team you get selected to work. No traveling opportunities. So Its a very good organization to get settle but not for young chaps like me who aspire to travel frequently and learn more.

tight

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in June 2011.

3 interviews :
    - with the person that recruits, to review your profile and experience, and to talk about the position (about 1hr)
    - with the upper-manager, to see if your profile fits with the team
    - with HR, to be sure you will be able to grow and adapt within the company

Interview Questions
    • Learn the company history in the field you apply, they expect you to really know that.   Answer Question
    At entry level, you will only discuss fixed salary. You can't negociate much, it will depends on your education and experience (they have a salary grid)

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in October 2014.

HR people did not look me in the eyes nor read my resume prior to the interview.
    made me wait 4hour for next interview for nothing as the person from the next interview told me she just receive a negative feedback from HR

Interview Questions
    • Not a question but a logic test similar to those found in IQ tests   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in April 2014.

Had two face to face interview at Chennai for a opening. Hierarchy is very layered and can be misleading. Example: TL - 8A/8B, Asst Mgr - 7A/7B, Mgr - 6A/6B etc

H.R is not very transparent about hierarchy in the company and this can be misleading and cause confusion for any potential candidate applying for an opening.

Had 3 rounds of salary negotiations post which offer was rolled out. It was only in the last round they clarified about the actual hierarchy in the company. In hindsight it was a difficult but good decision I let the offer go as much better offers came after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions that were asked. All questions were along expected lines   Answer Question

arrogant H.R and company not transparent about hierarchy

Legal Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Société Générale.

I was selected to interview after submitting my resume through a school-sponsored database. I attended their super day over the phone because I couldn't fly out at the time (Snowpocalypse '14). I only had two interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. The first was more of a judge of fit (why do I want to work here, what do I think I'd be doing for them, etc.) and the second picked at my qualifications to be a good legal intern (how do I think I'm qualified for this position). They got back to me in about a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're qualified for the job?   View Answer
    No negotiation involved

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Société Générale in September 2014.

Two rounds of technical interviews followed by one managerial and one hr rounds. They generally conduct interviews as drives so, expect a lot of candidates to be present with similar skill set as yours.

Interview Questions
    • sql join questions for a front end developer position   View Answer

Trader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Société Générale in July 2013.

Applied through their website and received a phone call for an HR interview about Work Experience, Education, preferences, motivations and availability. The same day he sent me an email to schedule a phone interview with the team two days later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview started with a junior trader about programming in VBA and C++.
      Then I had two phones interviews with the senior traders. Basic finance questions about various financial derivatives ( options, credit, rates, bonds ...), B&S model and Greeks, getting more difficult and technicals but a good sign that you know your basics. Some maths and stats questions about Stochastic Calculus, Brownian motion.
      No Brainteaser but I have been asked some economic questions about the current market and where should I invest.

Answer Question

Product Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Société Générale in March 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter, and went thru 3 round interviews. But the position at the final round seemed different from what I was told at the beginning. Mainly technical VBA questions, plus some basic questions about the financial market and derivatives. The final round is mostly behavioral, like what is your interest, what is your favorite position if you can choose.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult in the technical part, but as a foreigner, the behavioral questions are all difficult for me.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee, Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Société Générale in August 2014.

Originally applied as legal trainee for corporate & investment banking and I was turned down but a recruiter called me a month later in relation to a different trainee position that they felt better suited my skills and experience. The phone call was just a general chat about the position and then they emailed me the specification, I replied detailing my interest and an interview date was set. The interviewer was very pleasant, one of the lawyers that the successful applicant would be working under. Note, HR people did not interview me so I suspect they are just looking for someone that is keen and that they could work well with. The interviewer didn't ask any trick questions and most of the time was spent explaining the role and how the role plays within SocGen as a whole. Further, the interviewer emphasised that people normally only stay within this role for a year - it is to be viewed as an experience/stepping stone and realistically not as the start of a continued career within SG.